Windows 10: Is there a way to redirect a specific website URL without a browser extension in Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way to redirect a specific website URL without a browser extension in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to redirect a specific website URL without a browser extension in Windows 10? For example, if somebody on my Windows 10 computer goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KrazyNinjaFan, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Is there a way to redirect a specific website URL without a browser extension in Windows 10?

Is there a way to redirect a specific website URL without a browser extension in Windows 10?

For example, if somebody on my Windows 10 computer goes to https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4 then I want them to be automatically redirected to https://www.reddit.com/r/math/

How can I do this without a browser extension? Is there any free software (that isn't a browser extension, unless it can be hidden in Chrome completley)?

submitted by /u/KrazyNinjaFan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KrazyNinjaFan, Mar 18, 2020

2. Redirecting website

Hi Pancho,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

It can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to visit a Web page but are automatically redirected to another. This tactic is sometimes used to as a way to direct your attention to an advertisement. Other times, a hacker may be trying to install
    spyware or malware on your computer.

It seems that your computer is infected by virus and malware. I would suggest you to run Full Virus Scan using
    Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the page.

Step 2: Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." This stops Internet Explorer from using ActiveX, preventing Web
    pages from redirecting you to others. Although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme,
    but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Step 3: Click on "Trusted Sites." Add any websites that you go to frequently and that you trust. These websites will behave as normal, without restrictions.

Step 4: Run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer (see Resources). Redirects are often causes by a virus, which software can find and eliminate. If any viruses are found and deleted, this is likely to
    end the redirects you are experiencing.

Step 5: Go back to the "Internet Options" window, and set the security slider back to its initial position. If the anti-spyware program eliminated the source of the redirects, your browser now behaves normally.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 18, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    OneMoar, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Is there a way to redirect a specific website URL without a browser extension in Windows 10?

New Zoom extension for windows 10

Hi Dolores,

To better understand the concern, we would like to ask for additional information:

• Where did you download or purchase the extension?
    • What steps or information were you trying to do with it?
    • Was the extension indicated that it will only run on a specific browser?

We look forward to your response.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to redirect a specific website URL without a browser extension in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - redirect specific website

2. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  3. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  4. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Browser is redirecting to unwanted website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser is redirecting to unwanted website: Hello:When I type "facebook" into Chrome browser, I get a list of results. When I click the first one, in the "advertised" section, it redirects me to a scam Windows Defender Warning site at:8a1sihewonud7e4o2qid.azurewebsites.net. Chrome throws a WARNING message that it is a...
  6. redirect websites

redirect websites: how can i stop thegoodcaster.com redirect on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/redirect-websites/fa4952a1-0d36-475b-9751-fc1d7c04f084
  7. Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).: I am trying to open a website (h2owirelessnow.com) with the TOR browser. Is there a way to select a link and have it open the website with a browser other than the default?...
  8. website redirects

website redirects: How do I stop website redirects when I surf the web? All my Window defender particulars appear up to date and working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-redirects/ba0c7761-2df4-4335-87ba-d90e71adbade"
  9. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  10. .url file extension associated with "Internet Browser"

in Browsers and Email
    .url file extension associated with "Internet Browser": When I click on a file with a ".url" extension I get a box pop open that says: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..." When I go into "Choose default apps by file extension" I find that files with a ".url" extension are...