Windows 10: Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?

Discus and support Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itpxcm/is_there_a_way_to_reduce_the_delay_before_this/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/themoredeviousduck, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?

/u/themoredeviousduck, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Small feature suggestion - About screen tooltip

Small feature suggestions - About screen tooltip + forums link

Suggestion: When you rest the mouse cursor over the videocard brand, a tooltip to appear, saying "About GPU-Z...".
    I think this would be nice. What do you think?

EDIT: Also, having a link to the program forums (these forums *Smile Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears? :)) in the About screen would be nice - some other programs have that, see the Core Temp About screen, for example.

3. RFC3514 Win User
    Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?

Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Were the tooltips available earlier? If so, did you make any changes due to which the issue with tooltip occurred?

If the tooltips were available earlier, I suggest you to perform system restore and check.

System Restore is a feature that allows users to restore their system to a previous state. It offers a way to undo all the changes in the system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc, to a previous
    state, without affecting personal files such as documents, photos or e-mails.

• 1. Windows key + R to open Run window.

2. On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press OK.

3. Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.
    If it doesn't help, I suggest you to run System File Checker (SFC Scan) as this could be an issue with corrupt system files.

System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.
    Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • In Command prompt, type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Also applies to Windows 10.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance

Yaqub K, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?

1. Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears? - Similar Threads - reduce delay before

2. Delay before Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay before Windows login screen: This started recently on both desktop and laptop. I imagine it's some software I either installed or updated, but can't seem to figure it out. After BIOS screen and boot, when display would [normally] immediately go to Windows 10 login, it hangs on black screen (monitors...
  3. How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?: I am looking for a way to reduce the speed of the keyboard. In other words, the goal is intentionally reduce my typing speed. I am naturally a fast typist but due to some medical reasons I need a way slow myself down. It is almost impossible to do consciously (as I will fall...
  4. How to reduce blue tooth delay?

How to reduce blue tooth delay?: Long irrelevant intro about my personal life My bluetooth earbuds seem to have delay. When people talk during video calls or videos there's a noticeable delay between the audio and their lips. Are there any ways to reduce this? submitted by /u/RexDoloris [link]...
  5. Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear?

Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear?: submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip2p2i/is_there_a_way_to_remove_the_delay_before_taskbar/
  6. Persistent tooltip appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent tooltip appearing: A tooltip from the Home Ribbon left indent button in Word is persistent on my screen, including with other applications or Windows Explorer. [ATTACH] Any thoughts on the cause? How, short of a Restart, do I get rid of it? Windows 10 Professional. 10.0.18363 Build 18363...
  7. Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?

Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?: Hi, whenever I'm working, taskbar tooltips get in my way if I happen to hover the mouse over the taskbar for a millisecond. It occurs because the software I'm using has buttons I use frequently at the bottom i.e. just above the taskbar. It's quite annoying. Take a look at...
  8. Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon: Hi, I'm using the option "Single Click to open an item" option and I notice a delay of half a second between the cursor making contact with the icon and it being selected. This isn' a huge deal but I would like to lower it if possible. Looked around for something involving...
  9. Long delay before login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Long delay before login.: Just installed Windows 10 on my fathers laptop. Did an upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Then did a clean install. Same issue. On boot up I see the HP BIOS Logo, then the Windows logo with the spinning dots. Then the screen goes blank, just the backlight for almost 2 full...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856