Windows 10: Is there a way to remove a device via cmd?

Discus and support Is there a way to remove a device via cmd? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all I want to remove a device from "Devices". (See attachment) I tried using devcon.exe remove using device ID. The output says: it removed 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BTWidi, Dec 6, 2018.

1. BTWidi Win User

Is there a way to remove a device via cmd?

Hi all

I want to remove a device from "Devices". (See attachment)

I tried using devcon.exe remove using device ID. The output says: it removed 1 device and the Bluetooth device is removed from >"Devices". But as soon as i refresh Device Manager the Bluetooth device comes again and is still paired with the device.

If I manually remove device from "Devices" , everything works fine. Is there a way to automate or use cmd to remove device from "Devices"?? Is there a way to remove a device via cmd? fe691161-a4eb-415d-b609-465a422f3e27?upload=true.png

Thanks

Matt

:)

BTWidi, Dec 6, 2018

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Novgorod Win User
    Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

Is there a way to remove a device via cmd? [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to remove a device via cmd? - Similar Threads - remove device via

2. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-edit via cmd prompt: What do I type in the reg edit via cmd prompt to remove write protection from my drive? Can you type in what you want me to type please so I can copy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-edit-via-cmd-prompt/7956fe11-e7d8-4dba-868d-cc6e462b4735
  3. chdkdsk VIA CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chdkdsk VIA CMD: the so called microsoft helpfull tolls are a crap running chdkdsk via cmd to fix errors in my hard drive almost ruin my laptot hard drive disk i had lost all system data, files pictures everything, that crap is worst than malware should BE removable forever, switching for MAC...
  4. Unable to remove device in any way.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to remove device in any way.: Gear IconX C54DRemove FailedGear IconX C54D is my Bluetooth earphone. I tried to uninstall the device because it didn't work, but "remove failed" appears. so I deleted all directly related devices in Device Manager. However as you can see, the device is still not removed,...
  5. is there a way to delete every x number of files via CMD or powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    is there a way to delete every x number of files via CMD or powershell: in a folder I have 300 files (in my case its over 25k). I wish to delete every 20, or every 30 files, or every set pattern of files, how can this be done? things i've tried, using a few selection tool to select every set number of files so I can delete but none has worked...
  6. Can you remove VPN credentials via CMD or PowerShell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you remove VPN credentials via CMD or PowerShell: We have clients that use the Built in Windows VPN client. They save their credentials then their password changes and they cannot figure out how to remove the credentials so that they can use the new password. Is there a way to clear the saved credentials for Windows VPN...
  7. Is there a way to choose Bluetooth device via Action Settings?

Is there a way to choose Bluetooth device via Action Settings?: Is it possible to do this, like when you connect to a wifi network, instead of having to go into Bluetooth settings to choose the specific device you want every time? Or if anyone has another more convenient way of choosing the device you want to connect to, it'd be greatly...
  8. Is there a way to change wallpaper via cmd/batch file?

Is there a way to change wallpaper via cmd/batch file?: We're doing a ton of Windows 7 upgrades to Windows 10 (clean installs, not in-place upgrades) and we have a batch file that runs a bunch of stuff as part of the new PC deployment process. Someone else wrote the batch a while back and I'm just trying to improve it a bit. I'd...
  9. Interfaces and Routing via CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Interfaces and Routing via CMD: Little background, I keep randomly losing connecting and my network and file paths are just a disaster. My networking interfaces kept randomly disappearing. Also even though I've downloaded the correct drivers from the manufacturer, they never actually update. I came...
  10. Microsoft accounts via CMD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft accounts via CMD: Hi, I found this thread but it does not really tell me how to add new MS user accounts using CMD, only how to add a local account that has to be switched to an MS account afterwards. I want to be able to create MS accounts for my students and add them to class PC's before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cmd. remove device

2. remove devices via cmd