Windows 10: Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear?

Discus and support Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/themoredeviousduck, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear?

/u/themoredeviousduck, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Make the taskbar thumbnails disappear more quickly

Well, there's no specific way to disable the taskbar thumbnail previews, but there is a way round it by editing the registry to delay the UI thumbnail preview by 30 seconds.

This effectively disables the feature as you have to remain on a thumbnail for 30 seconds before it pops up. So if you move off that thumbnail within 30 seconds then nothing will ever show.

However, this completely disables the use of the thumbnail altogether...which is not something I'm sure you want to do? You just want it to disappear straight away.

Smug Puppy, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear?

Make the taskbar thumbnails disappear more quickly

Hello,

When you move the mouse out of an application thumbnail in the taskbar, there is a short delay before it disappear. This delay is very annoying, in particular when you work with softwares which have some buttons on the left side and makes the Windows 10
    UI some kind of heavy.

I've found a lot of information on how make the thumbnails appear more quickly using the ExtendedUIHoverTime register key, but not any on how make them disappear more quickly. Does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Rodolphay Manrique, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear?

1. Is there a way to remove the delay before taskbar thumbnails disappear? - Similar Threads - remove delay before

2. Is there a way to delay the unhide of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to delay the unhide of the taskbar?: I have “automatically hide taskbar” but i’d like it to take a bit longer to show up when i move the cursor down. submitted by /u/mare1999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/me6o8v/is_there_a_way_to_delay_the_unhide_of_the_taskbar/
  3. Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing: [IMG] I've tried almost every basic fix and more specific fix I can to try and handle this, and it still keeps happening. It's been fine for a while, but I just realized it happened again. Can absolutely anyone tell me why in the world this is happening or how to fix it?...
  4. Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?

Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?: submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itpxcm/is_there_a_way_to_reduce_the_delay_before_this/
  5. **** - thumbnails disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    **** - thumbnails disappeared.: I had a problem. I posted a question. Greg Carmack responded. I cannot get back to his response to respond to it, so I am posting again. . I followed his directions and lost my whole desk top. Now all I have is a solid white screen. He responded to me on an email I...
  6. Make the taskbar thumbnails disappear more quickly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make the taskbar thumbnails disappear more quickly: Hello, When you move the mouse out of an application thumbnail in the taskbar, there is a short delay before it disappear. This delay is very annoying, in particular when you work with softwares which have some buttons on the left side and makes the Windows 10 UI some kind...
  7. Taskbar thumbnail keeps disappearing before I could click on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar thumbnail keeps disappearing before I could click on it: Hi, I have a serious issue with Windows that greatly hinders productivity. The taskbar thumbnail appears and disappears very quickly before I could click on them upon hovering. I use to have this issue with my old profile so I created a new one and started installing all my...
  8. Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select

Taskbar thumbnail disappear too quickly to select: I made a video here on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KgH3CElVJA Please help! This makes my PC unuseable. Win ver: 1909 Build 18363.720 submitted by /u/tonynca [link] [comments]...
  9. Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?: This hovering text is very annoying: [img] I understand the hovering text describes what your mouse pointer is actually hovering over; but if the pointer is locked into the hovering text field by the slightest accidental movement of the mouse, the actual click you make...
  10. Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10: How to: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 How to Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 When you hover over the icon or button on the taskbar of an opened item, it will show a thumbnail preview or list of the opened windows...