Windows 10: Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons?

Discus and support Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been searching for ages and can't find the solution to this problem. I recently remove all my pinned programs from my taskbar and am now using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedditDodger, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons?

I have been searching for ages and can't find the solution to this problem. I recently remove all my pinned programs from my taskbar and am now using a quick launch toolbar instead.

This defaults to small icons but there is an option to select large too. The problem is, once this is selected it adds a small bit of padding to everything on the taskbar. It makes my active window icons have a small gap below them that doesn't extend to the edge of the screen and it has resulted in me misclicking when trying to switch windows.

Screenshot here

I'm getting sick of searching for this as results are saturated with crappy tech-for-dummies guides for changing taskbar icon sizes which doesn't help here. It there a known reg value I can change to fix this padding?

submitted by /u/RedditDodger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedditDodger, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Customise size of Quick Launch icons

Hi @MisterCerberus , welcome to tenforums! Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons? :)

I don't think it's possible to do what you wish. Why not just pin them the regular way?

Edwin, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Beckfield Win User
    Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large

I am quite reluctantly forced to move down to the unfriendly UI of Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have enabled the Quick Launch toolbar, and have added the shortcuts I normally use there. The trouble is, the size of the icons is not consistent with the rest
    of the taskbar. The View>Small setting is too small, and Large is too large, and it just looks like Microsoft paid no attention.

Is there a way to make the icons on the Quick Launch toolbar the same size as other icons on the taskbar?

Beckfield, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons?

Customise size of Quick Launch icons

I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly.

Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons? [​IMG]

If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they increase the height of my taskbar, leading there to be empty space underneath my taskbar items; making my taskbar more difficult to use, as my cursor can now go *past* the taskbar items while moving down to click one.

Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons? [​IMG]

Is it possible to customise the size of the Quick Launch icons to make them the same size as the default taskbar items, or alternatively (less preferred), increase the height of the taskbar items to conpensate for the additional space?

MisterCerberus, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons?

1. Is there a way to remove the height padding that comes with large quick launch taskbar icons? - Similar Threads - remove height padding

2. Changes of Taskbar height – each step too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changes of Taskbar height – each step too large: Hello:I have True Launch Bar menus in my taskbar, three rows mentioning the app only if it should be relevant to my Taskbar problem. See attachments for how much extra space there is below the third row. Now, if I shorten the taskbar one step, I get two rows see other...
  3. Changes of Taskbar height – each step too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes of Taskbar height – each step too large: Hello:I have True Launch Bar menus in my taskbar, three rows mentioning the app only if it should be relevant to my Taskbar problem. See attachments for how much extra space there is below the third row. Now, if I shorten the taskbar one step, I get two rows see other...
  4. Changes of Taskbar height – each step too large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  6. Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps: [IMG] submitted by /u/DarkSkyViking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jojg67/taskbar_quick_launch_icons_vs_open_apps/
  7. Quick Launch icons?

Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  8. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  9. Taskbar changes height when toolbars have icons set to "Large"

Taskbar changes height when toolbars have icons set to "Large": This issue is pretty much the same but it was never resolved. I have been searching for ages and can't find the solution to this problem. I recently remove all my pinned programs from my taskbar and am now using a quick launch toolbar instead. This defaults to small icons...
  10. Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large

Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large: I am quite reluctantly forced to move down to the unfriendly UI of Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have enabled the Quick Launch toolbar, and have added the shortcuts I normally use there. The trouble is, the size of the icons is not consistent with the rest of the taskbar....