Windows 10: Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

Discus and support Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Korey Creative, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm trying to do here is just have my taskbar at the top, and my Rocketdock be my go to for programs.

:)

Korey Creative, Sep 20, 2022

2. Removing "Store" from the windows taskbar and Start Menu.

Hi Folks,

I have Windows 10 Pro installed on a number of machines. On one machine I can't remove the "Store" from either the Start Menu or the Taskbar. On other machines this is a simple right-click and Unpin (taskbar) or right-click, More, Don't show on this list.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Shane

Shane Devenshire, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

1. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top? - Similar Threads - Remove Start Menu

2. Is there a way to remove or change the Windows Start Menu icon on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to remove or change the Windows Start Menu icon on the taskbar?: Hey Microsoft Forums!I've recently been customizing my Windows 11 computer to be themed around the Chicago Bulls. I've changed everything I like but there is one big issue, that stupid windows icon. It's blue so it doesn't fit my theme. If I could change the way it looks like...
  3. Is there a way to remove or change the Windows Start Menu icon on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to remove or change the Windows Start Menu icon on the taskbar?: Hey Microsoft Forums!I've recently been customizing my Windows 11 computer to be themed around the Chicago Bulls. I've changed everything I like but there is one big issue, that stupid windows icon. It's blue so it doesn't fit my theme. If I could change the way it looks like...
  4. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  5. Move Taskbar to top

Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  6. Taskbar move to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  7. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  8. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?: I basically haven't used a start menu for Windows for at least 6 - 7 years or so because I use Rocketdock and just click icons in a little bar. The only time I reach for the Start Menu is when I need to start rocketdock when it fails to launch which is very rare.What I'm...
  9. Is There A Way To Remove The Start Menu, While Also Moving The Taskbar To The Top?

10. Start menu "Top Apps" Remove

in Cortana
    Start menu "Top Apps" Remove: Hello All, Currently on build 2019.07.30.2227780 and would like to know if there is a way to remove the "Top Apps" from the start menu search bar (Press Start, Enter something to search on, Delete said search, will then display the "Top Apps"). Seems odd to have this show as...