Windows 10: Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices?

Discus and support Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know you can remove the sound entirely when connecting/disconnecting USB devices, but is there a way to remove it only for specific devices?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andynm8, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices?

I know you can remove the sound entirely when connecting/disconnecting USB devices, but is there a way to remove it only for specific devices?

submitted by /u/andynm8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andynm8, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Nov 27, 2020
  4. TheCROW Win User

Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices?

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

Thank you for your reply. I already checked this and everything is as it should be. the sound is set and it plays fine on test. However I don't hear it when I connect and disconnect my USB drives.

TheCROW, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices?

1. Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices? - Similar Threads - remove USB connect

2. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  3. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  4. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  6. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  7. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices

No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices: There's no sound when I connect and disconnect USB devices. The sounds used to work until one or two weeks ago. I am not sure if the other event sounds work or not, but I can use media players without issues. If I check the Sounds tab under Settings, I can see the event...
  9. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  10. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound: Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and...