Windows 10: Is there a way to require 2FA every time I log in to Windows with Microsoft Authenticator?

Discus and support Is there a way to require 2FA every time I log in to Windows with Microsoft Authenticator? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've found the setting in my Microsoft account in a browser, but it just turns it on for every time I login on the web and changes nothing with how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Meriwether_R, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Is there a way to require 2FA every time I log in to Windows with Microsoft Authenticator?

I've found the setting in my Microsoft account in a browser, but it just turns it on for every time I login on the web and changes nothing with how I login to Windows itself. I want to require it every time I login to my PC at work. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Meriwether_R
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Meriwether_R, Feb 6, 2020

2. Microsoft Authenticator app - reset and restored iphone and accounts are no longer available in the authenticator

I have reset and restored my iphone7+. I had Microsoft Authenticator running the 2fa for two other sites. Upon restoring the phone from backup, the Microsoft Authenticator no longer showed the accounts, therefore I cannot log in to my two money accounts.
    I have contacted Microsoft help repeatedly with no successful resolution. (The Google Authenticator works for the other 2fa services for different websites, by the way). I cannot log in. The Microsoft Authenticator no longer shows the associated accounts.
    I cannot seem to resolve this with Microsoft support. What are my options?

CraigHartman, Feb 6, 2020
  3. DavidG.3 Win User
    log to a computer using multi-factor authentication server

I'm looking for a way to implement two factor authentication with the Azure multi-factor authentication sever. I have a server installed on premises that applies 2FA to a VPN connection that is working properly. Is there a way to implement this service
    for when users log to their computers on site? this is, authenticate a user when he sits in front of his computer and logs in.

DavidG.3, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Entegy Win User

Is there a way to require 2FA every time I log in to Windows with Microsoft Authenticator?

MS Agent Authenticator for WinPhone 8

But they did think of a way. Google has the same function for their 2FA too. Generate an app password for your phones for now. Yes, WP does not yet support 2FA, but it'll likely come in a future update.

• Click "Create a new app password"
    • Input this password as the password for your Microsoft account on the phone.

This function exists for clients that do not yet support 2FA. It was nice that most of Microsoft's products (Skype, Office, Windows 8) support it, but it's a simple workaround for Windows Phone. The Xbox 360 is also not yet compatible with 2FA and needs an
    app password.

Entegy, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to require 2FA every time I log in to Windows with Microsoft Authenticator?

1. Is there a way to require 2FA every time I log in to Windows with Microsoft Authenticator? - Similar Threads - require 2FA every

2. I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA: I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA. I got a new phone and the authenticator app doesn't work on the new phone because I can't get a confirmation code. I don't have access to the old phone at all....
  3. I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA: I can't access authenticator app to log in and there are not other options to use 2FA. I got a new phone and the authenticator app doesn't work on the new phone because I can't get a confirmation code. I don't have access to the old phone at all....
  4. Change password required every time when i log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change password required every time when i log in: Hi,my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message.."The user's password must be changed before signing in"It pops up the new password and confirm password...
  5. Change password required every time when i log in

Change password required every time when i log in: Hi,my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message.."The user's password must be changed before signing in"It pops up the new password and confirm password...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator and VPN 2FA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator and VPN 2FA: Hi,I joined a new company few days ago. They require 2FA enabled on the company Microsoft account. I do not mind that. Problem is, that 2FA is requested also when connecting to the company VPN. Again, easily setup with Microsoft Authenticator - when you try to connect to the...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator and VPN 2FA

Microsoft Authenticator and VPN 2FA: Hi,I joined a new company few days ago. They require 2FA enabled on the company Microsoft account. I do not mind that. Problem is, that 2FA is requested also when connecting to the company VPN. Again, easily setup with Microsoft Authenticator - when you try to connect to the...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator and VPN 2FA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. PIN required at every log-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN required at every log-in: I am now required to do both a PIN and a fingerpirint recognition log in every time I unlock? It was previously just a fingerprint - what has changed and how do I get it back?...
  10. Windows 10 is forcing domain and 2FA authentication EVERY TIME i restart my laptopt. Also...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is forcing domain and 2FA authentication EVERY TIME i restart my laptopt. Also...: Title says it. My Windows 10 Pro on my laptop is acting very fucking huge pain in the ass at the moment. It is forcing me to log in to mt account by authenticating my login trough microsoft's server every time i try to log in to my machine. If i'm not connected to internet...