Windows 10: Is there a way to reset an app (like it's from setting) using powershell?

Discus and support Is there a way to reset an app (like it's from setting) using powershell? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to reset an app (like it's from setting) using powershell?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by morphus, Nov 28, 2018.

1. morphus Win User

Is there a way to reset an app (like it's from setting) using powershell?

:)

morphus, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Is there a way to reset an app (like it's from setting) using powershell? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Default app setting keeps resetting with notification of problem with default app setting

Hello,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

I would suggest you to Run the powershell command

The powershell command helps to fix the corruptions in system/programs files due to which the apps might not be working. Please follow the below mentioned steps to the run the command:

1. Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter

2. Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Nov 28, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to reset an app (like it's from setting) using powershell? - Similar Threads - reset app setting

2. Is there a way to restrict some of the settings in the Settings app, without blocking use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to restrict some of the settings in the Settings app, without blocking use...: This may be a relatively dumb question but I'm working my first IT job and can't seem to find any solutions online for this. Our company uses group policy to completely restrict all general user access to the settings and control panel apps. This forces every general user in...
  3. Is there a way to restrict some of the settings in the Settings app, without blocking use...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to restrict some of the settings in the Settings app, without blocking use...: This may be a relatively dumb question but I'm working my first IT job and can't seem to find any solutions online for this. Our company uses group policy to completely restrict all general user access to the settings and control panel apps. This forces every general user in...
  4. Is there a way to restrict some of the settings in the Settings app, without blocking use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Set Job Title Using PowerShell

Set Job Title Using PowerShell: I'm trying to write a PS script to update the job title for users in AD. I was given a CSV file with a list of users email address and I'm using that.This is what my CSV file looks like:"ProfessionalEmail","Job Title""*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"," A POS"This...
  6. is there a way to hide apps from apps/features setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a way to hide apps from apps/features setting?: i want to make an app i have invisible in the apps/features settings is there any way i can do this, or rename the app, or do anything to hide it or what the app is?...
  7. Is there a way to install any Windows Store apps using PowerShell (or another scripting...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to install any Windows Store apps using PowerShell (or another scripting...: I would like to install my apps from Store by running one script, so that I don't have to go and worry about manually installing everything. submitted by /u/xylinroom [link] [comments]...
  8. Settings using powershell/cmd?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings using powershell/cmd?: Is there a way to manage settings using command line/powershell? Thanks. 124376
  9. Can apps that were deleted using Powershell be restored by resetting?

Can apps that were deleted using Powershell be restored by resetting?: Hi guys! My story is kinda crazy, but I'll try to summarize it in bullet points: * I was having problems with the calendar app, hence I tried removing it * I stumbled upon PowerShell and removed the app (along with mail) * I can't open Windows store afterwards * I...
  10. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app: Hey guys! Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display, and other stuff. While its helpful in some areas, it seem to be short in others, and simple things like changing the...