Windows 10: Is there a way to reset the administrator's password if I forgot it?

Discus and support Is there a way to reset the administrator's password if I forgot it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I forgot my PC's password, it's a single admin account and I don't know how to reset the password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Geschirrspuler, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Is there a way to reset the administrator's password if I forgot it?

I forgot my PC's password, it's a single admin account and I don't know how to reset the password

:)

Geschirrspuler, Jun 22, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

If you kill the power three times, on the third boot a Windows 10 PC will boot to the recovery environment, showing this screen.

Is there a way to reset the administrator's password if I forgot it? [​IMG]

Choose Advanced Options to get to this...

Click on Troubleshoot takes you here...

Click on Advanced Options to get this...

Where you should click on Command Prompt. The command prompt will open, now you can carry on from step 2 in Option Four of @Brink's Tutorial I linked to earlier. At no point should you be asked for an account or password.

If this is not what happens for you please describe what you do see, with screenshots if possible.

4. Is there a way to reset the administrator's password if I forgot it?

How to reset local default administrator password in windows 10

I forgot my default local administrator password for windows 10. Kindly help me to reset or bypass password login screen in simple steps.

Archana Gajul, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to reset the administrator's password if I forgot it?

1. Is there a way to reset the administrator's password if I forgot it? - Similar Threads - reset administrator's password

2. forgot administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot administrator password: dear sir/mami want forgot administrator password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-administrator-password/292b0c71-bf07-4d32-88e1-459a6a20aba9
  3. forgot administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot administrator password: dear sir/mami want forgot administrator password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-administrator-password/292b0c71-bf07-4d32-88e1-459a6a20aba9
  4. forgot administrative password

forgot administrative password: i forgot the administrative password to my old Windows 7 DELL LATUTUDE E4310. i remember the system password to it but not the admin password, is there any way i can bypass it and change it even thought i forgot it?please provide with a detailed HOW-TO if you know how to help...
  5. forgot administrative password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot administrative password: i forgot the administrative password to my old Windows 7 DELL LATUTUDE E4310. i remember the system password to it but not the admin password, is there any way i can bypass it and change it even thought i forgot it?please provide with a detailed HOW-TO if you know how to help...
  6. Forgot Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Administrator Password: I've got a HP Pavilion computer, which is about 11 years old. It runs Windows 8.1. My problem is I forgot my administrator password. How can I reset the password....
  7. Forgot Administrator Password

Forgot Administrator Password: I've got a HP Pavilion computer, which is about 11 years old. It runs Windows 8.1. My problem is I forgot my administrator password. How can I reset the password....
  8. I forgot my administrator password local password

I forgot my administrator password local password: Is there a way to bypass the administrator password? I didn't use a Microsoft account, it is a local password. I tried safe mode and I still can't get in. I didn't back up my files and I have word documents and power point files that I want to recover. Please let me know what...
  9. Forgot administrator password of Window10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot administrator password of Window10: Hello, i forgot the administrator password of my PC having windows 10 installed. I am not able to reset it or login. Please let me know how to reset or get that password without loosing my data. Thanks...
  10. Forgot password to admin account, is there any way to reset it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot password to admin account, is there any way to reset it?: So I haven't used my laptop in a while and have 2 accounts on it - one as administrator and the other is a general account. I forgot the password to the admin account and I'm not able to download any apps (from the general account) or anything without the admin's permission....