Windows 10: Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,...

Discus and support Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! I have a few folders that I would like to open, make a certain size, then save that size so I never have to resize them again. I can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ima420r, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,...

Hi all! I have a few folders that I would like to open, make a certain size, then save that size so I never have to resize them again. I can't find anything about this being an option with Windows 10 but I thought I would ask. Maybe if it's not something Windows can do, there is a third party program that will do it? Thanks in advance for any help!

submitted by /u/ima420r
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ima420r, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Catcapt1 Win User

Save resized item in Paint

Hi. I went to paint with an image specifically to resize and save as a smaller item for use elsewhere. I was able to resie it, but after saving it I open it up and it's the same size as before. Any suggestions?

[Moved From: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Windows Update / PC ]

Catcapt1, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    How to resize photo in Windows10?

Hi Man,

Please take note that Microsoft Picture Manager is not supported in Office 2013 or later. You can resize the photos in Windows 10 by editing them using Paint. To resize a photo in Paint, follow these steps:

• Right-click a photo, and then click Edit. The photo will open in Paint.
    • In Paint, click Resize.
    • Under Resize, you can choose if you want to resize the photo by Percentage or
      Pixel.
    • Once you've chosen how you will resize the photo, you can edit the values of
      Horizontal
      and Vertical. If you want to fully customize the size of the photo, you can uncheck the
      Maintain aspect ratio check box.
    • After customizing the values of Horizontal and Vertical, click
      OK.
    • Click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Another way to edit a photo in Paint is by using the Select tool. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open a photo using paint,
    • In Paint, adjust the canvas of your picture to the size you want. You can adjust the canvass by clicking and dragging on the small box around the picture.
    • Once you've adjusted you canvass, click the Select tool.
    • Select the whole image. Make sure that you exactly select the image.
    • After selecting the image, click and drag the small box around the picture to resize it. Make sure that size the canvass and the image is the same.
    • After editing the size of the picture or image, click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Should you need further assistance, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,...

Save Dialog Resize Problem

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU TO BOTH OF YOU!!! I wound up finding this thread after many, many google searches. I too found myself being driven insane by this bug. So much so that it inspired me to create an account on here to add my input/solution in the hopes of it helping anyone else who finds themselves in the same situation.

I shoot a lot of photos with my DSLR to use in time lapses which I then use the "Load files into stacks" script to load those I wish to animate together. Often I end up with hundreds or even thousands of photos depending on the time lapse I was doing. Because of this, I rely heavily on the ability to constantly resize the dialog box. For example: Say I have a time lapse of 1000 images. I only want to animate every 15th photo for now. I'd then play around with the icon and dialogue box size so there be 15 photos in a row. Now I'd use the ClickLock box to just drag all the way down the browser and easily select every 15th photo in the folder to stack. Yes, I could individually click every X photo but it's still a pain when dealing with a large batch of photos. Yes, I could also just do this using window explorer and dragging the selection over to a new folder. But still though, this is 2015 and I refuse to tolerate any mild inconvenience in my software!!!

*Ahem* *Huh Sorry, got a little impassioned there. Anyways, while both of your solutions would be fine for those who have a preferred size, it would still be a pain for those who rely on the ability to constantly resize the dialog box like myself. Going off what you two suggested and fueled by spite I figured out a sort of workaround for those in my position:

1. Open up regedit
    2. As hjschlicht suggested, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/ComDlg32/CIDSizeMRU
    3. At this point you DO NOT need to delete all the keys; since Photoshop is the one affected by the bug then that's the one we only really need to mess with. The way you can tell which one belongs to Photoshop is by looking at the data tab and it will start with the following value 50 00 68 00 6F 00 74 00 6F 00 73 00 68 00 6F 00 70 (which spells P h o t o s h o p in hexadecimal values)
    4. Delete the key
    5. As Corelogik suggested, open up a load file dialog box(don't resize just yet!) and you will notice that a new key has been created. At this point you can carefully resize the window if you have a preferred specific size like Corelogik. However, if you're like me and need the ability to constantly resize the dialog window, you can just leave it at its default size.
    6. And now for the workaround: Click on the name of the registry that holds the Photoshop key so that it is highlighted(mine was '12')
    7. Click on Edit > Permissions > Advanced
    8. Click on your account, mine was "'My account name'(Myemail@gmail.com)", and then click edit.
    9. Under 'Basic permissions:' Uncheck 'Full Control' but leave 'Read' checked.
    10. OK > OK > OK > exit out of regedit

Done! Now your dialog size is "locked" since your account is able to "read" the registry containing the dialog window size settings but won't save the larger window size once you exit out since it doesn't have permission to edit the registry. You still won't be able to make the dialog window any smaller if you increase its size but simply exiting out and reopening it will now restore it to the size you originally had it set when you "locked" it.

Hope this helps out anybody else who ends up on this page using their google-fu!! Here's my latest time lapse edit of Sunday's supermoon as a thank you for hjschlicht & Corelogik's tremendous help in (sorta)solving this issue:

Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,... [​IMG]

notthatjesus, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,...

1. Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,... - Similar Threads - resize folder saved

2. Resize Taskbar & Time size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize Taskbar & Time size: Is there any way to resize the taskbar in Windows 11? Too big for me.What about changing the time size? It's pretty small and I'd like it to be a bit bigger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-taskbar-time-size/492c87d3-9148-4430-9142-741c849c5201
  3. Resize Taskbar & Time size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resize Taskbar & Time size: Is there any way to resize the taskbar in Windows 11? Too big for me.What about changing the time size? It's pretty small and I'd like it to be a bit bigger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-taskbar-time-size/492c87d3-9148-4430-9142-741c849c5201
  4. is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...: by maybe modifying the launch shortcut or something like that, does anyone know of a solution please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-always-open-the-photos-app-in/c9d46c06-8ce8-4007-b154-cfcb6e66592b
  5. is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...: by maybe modifying the launch shortcut or something like that, does anyone know of a solution please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-always-open-the-photos-app-in/c9d46c06-8ce8-4007-b154-cfcb6e66592b
  6. is there a way to instantly save snip to a certain folder instead of have to click it and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to instantly save snip to a certain folder instead of have to click it and...: the current process is this: shift+win+s > select area > it's saved to clipboard, from here I can either: 1. click the notification and manually save it, or 2. open paint and paste. is there some config or a software to make it more like this: shift+win+s > select area...
  7. Saving resized photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving resized photos: I've downloaded photos from my camera using windows 10. When I zoom in and "save as" and then open them again they have reverted to their original size. How do I overcome this please?...
  8. i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open...: i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open the folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-save-my-pics-in-date-order-in-a-folder/b631851f-04de-4bad-ad8f-7362698a521e"
  9. User folder icon size WONT SAVE

in Windows 10 Support
    User folder icon size WONT SAVE: [img] [img] idk why , i go to my folder and i always like to see this icon in big , i select view in big but when i close the folder and open again return to medium icon , why , is look like when i click on large icon is wont save for always!!??? can pls help me 97540
  10. Predefine Open/Save window size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Predefine Open/Save window size?: For years I've been using DirectFolders to get a predefined size of almost all dialog windows, especially Open/Save ones, but not only. It was also capable of enforcing the predefined file list presentation which I enjoyed. What I've been observing though is that...