Windows 10: Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted...

Discus and support Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to restrict search to external media so that when someone else uses my computer, they can only search their own flash drive, not my documents on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesCoppens, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted...

I want to restrict search to external media so that when someone else uses my computer, they can only search their own flash drive, not my documents on my hard drive. How can this be done?

:)

JamesCoppens, Mar 7, 2023
Thema:

Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted...

1. Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted... - Similar Threads - restrict search external

2. Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted...

in Cortana
    Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted...: I want to restrict search to external media so that when someone else uses my computer, they can only search their own flash drive, not my documents on my hard drive. How can this be done?...
  3. Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to restrict search so only the external media such as a flash drive inserted...: I want to restrict search to external media so that when someone else uses my computer, they can only search their own flash drive, not my documents on my hard drive. How can this be done?...
  4. Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media: I have a 1 TB flash drive that I've been storing a lot of files on recently. I had an issue with a game where the update was wayyy slow so I thought that moving the game into the flash drive might help. Ever since then the flash drive says "no media" and doesnt let me open...
  5. Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media: I have a 1 TB flash drive that I've been storing a lot of files on recently. I had an issue with a game where the update was wayyy slow so I thought that moving the game into the flash drive might help. Ever since then the flash drive says "no media" and doesnt let me open...
  6. Flash Drive Errors "Please insert a disk into USB Drive D:" and has no media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10: USB storage drives flash drives or thumb drives only recognized if inserted...

Windows 10: USB storage drives flash drives or thumb drives only recognized if inserted...: Issue: any storage devices that are not powered external hard drives, thumb drives, etc aren't recognized by Windows 10 unless I do a restart with them inserted. After that, they appear to work, but I'd prefer not restarting every time I need to open a drive. Some things I've...
  8. Error: please insert external media...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: please insert external media...: [ATTACH]this is what I'm getting and I can't click open or close anything what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-please-insert-external-media/d3d4a0bf-5dcd-4f6d-9f26-32a711f3b96f
  9. Error:please insert the external storage media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error:please insert the external storage media: I'm getting this : error: Please insert the external storage media and press ok ......black screen in background and the " loading dots going in circles"...
  10. Color of Flash Drive Insert

Color of Flash Drive Insert: I realize this has nothing to do with Win 10 but I can think of nowhere else to ask this question and I will appreciate your help. I have a USB flash drive whose insert is bright red, the first I've ever seen. I believe blue indicates it is at least a USB 2 device but have...