Windows 10: Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate...

Discus and support Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, I need help here, I use scripts to enable user Bitlocker in the backgroud.One on the step in scripts use comand :"manage-bde -protectors -add f:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Windows Category - All, May 23, 2022.

1. Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate...

Hey, I need help here, I use scripts to enable user Bitlocker in the backgroud.One on the step in scripts use comand :"manage-bde -protectors -add f: -RecoveryPassword" for adding a RecoveryPassword keyprotector for a removable driver F: but no backup actions.However , User removed the driver during the Bitlocker encrypting process and rebooted the machine.And we lost 48-digitalRecoveryPassword and Date in the F drive, when I replug in the drive and try to access F: drive, system asks me to input RecoveryPassword.My question is : Is there a possible way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by check

:)

Windows Category - All, May 23, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 23, 2022
  3. woodpitch Win User
    File History restore does not always use the latest generation.

I posted the following as a reply to someone else's answer to a question, but I thought I should open a new thread here.

My hard drive that contained my Libraries failed. I used the procedure you described above to restore the 4 Libraries to a new drive. But unfortunately, File History did not always use the latest generation of files in various folders. I was able to
    retrieve the latest generation, but in a crude way that involved knowing what files I had updated in a long time and either getting them from File History or from another computer. Let me explain. When you click on Restore personal Files in File History,
    it takes you to a date view of what I thought was the contents of Libraries on that date. Turns out that it does not show the latest generation in all cases. And worse still is the dates it does show, by clicking on the back arrow next to the green button
    is a date when I had Pressed the Run button on File History. Anyway, the latest versions are not displayed via the Date.

If you go to File Explorer and go to where File History saves the data, you can drill down there and see the latest generation of each file. There does not seem to be a way to make File History use the latest in its restore operation. The way I got the
    latest generation is to click on the latest generation and then open it and then save it to the original folder. I suggest that there is a flaw in File History and people need to be very careful when using it to restore whole Libraries or even folders. I
    am thinking of deleting my File History library and then letting it build a new repository to build on. Might need to do this frequently in order to get the latest generation in a disaster.

woodpitch, May 23, 2022
  4. vicf1 Win User

Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate...

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate...

1. Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate... - Similar Threads - retrieve RecoveryPassword checking

2. Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate...: Hey, I need help here, I use scripts to enable user Bitlocker in the backgroud.One on the step in scripts use comand :"manage-bde -protectors -add f: -RecoveryPassword" for adding a RecoveryPassword keyprotector for a removable driver F: but no backup actions.However , User...
  3. Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or regenrate...: Hey, I need help here, I use scripts to enable user Bitlocker in the backgroud.One on the step in scripts use comand :"manage-bde -protectors -add f: -RecoveryPassword" for adding a RecoveryPassword keyprotector for a removable driver F: but no backup actions.However , User...
  4. Is there a possible way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a possible way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or...: Hey, I need help here, I use scripts to enable user Bitlocker in the backgroud.One on the step in scripts use comand :"manage-bde -protectors -add f: -RecoveryPassword" for adding a RecoveryPassword keyprotector for a removable driver F: but no backup actions.However , User...
  5. Is there a possible way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a possible way to retrieve RecoveryPassword by checking generate history, or...: Hey, I need help here, I use scripts to enable user Bitlocker in the backgroud.One on the step in scripts use comand :"manage-bde -protectors -add f: -RecoveryPassword" for adding a RecoveryPassword keyprotector for a removable driver F: but no backup actions.However , User...
  6. Is there a way to check my install and uninstall history?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to check my install and uninstall history?: Is there a way to check my install and uninstall history? Like at what dates I installed something and at what dates I uninstalled it? Basically, I got banned in a game because my account got hacked and I wanna get it back so I wanna send proof submitted by /u/Haris1C...
  7. how to retrieve applications from File History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to retrieve applications from File History: Hi How can I retrieve applications saved in the File History so that I can restore them onto my laptop. There is no longer any previous restore point I can depend on. Best YY...
  8. file retrieval from File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file retrieval from File History: After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore. As I turned on Filestore as part of the recovery operation, the filestore display only allows me to see data backed up since then! What I need to...
  9. Is there a way to retrieve your product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to retrieve your product key?: Bought my acer labtop on amazon a few days ago, for my classes. But supposedly you need a product key do download chrome but unfortunately I threw out the packaging. submitted by /u/Trvstvn [link] [comments]...
  10. Games for Windows Live purchase history retrieval error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games for Windows Live purchase history retrieval error: [ATTACH] Hello, I have been wanting to get back and play Fable 3 which I had originally purchased through GFWL. As you can see the issue is the service being able to connect. I have tried signing out and back in multiple times. The connection with my account is quick and...