Windows 10: Is There A Way To Roll Back After Refreshing PC

Discus and support Is There A Way To Roll Back After Refreshing PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After some software problems, The fix was to Refresh my PC, despite me selecting "Keep my files" it removed loads of my software including ones I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jason45PC, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Jason45PC Win User

Is There A Way To Roll Back After Refreshing PC

After some software problems, The fix was to Refresh my PC, despite me selecting "Keep my files" it removed loads of my software including ones I cannot get without a disc,

Is there a way I can roll back to before I did this, since I still have the Windows.old file with all my things in, Do I just Copy and replace my files with the things from Windows.old to the new one or is there a way to roll back completely?

installing all my stuff again is not worth for a temporary fix.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks,
    Jason

:)

Jason45PC, Jan 16, 2016
  2. wezzyd Win User

Is there ANY WAY to roll back the firmware to a previous version on 5130XM?

there are ways of doing it but most phones end up 'bricked'

wezzyd, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Is there ANY WAY to roll back the firmware to a previous version on 5130XM?

if you want to fool around with your device you void warrant and nokia wont touch it should you have issues further down the road you could take it to a nokia care centre and get it reflashed and ask them to install the last version rather than the new
    one but its always adviseable to have the latest frimware installed for better performance so its up to you from here what to do next

techbuzzireland, Jan 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Jason,

The use of Refresh and Reset can be a bit confusing. The following tutorial explains the differences and offers a way to do it without losing anything. As explained Refresh does keep your files but not your apps.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I realise this is too late for you but you should be able to get back to a previous installation if your windows.old folder is still there and nothing has been deleted from it. Usually the windows.old folder only lasts for about 30 days before Windows automatically deletes the contents.

The following tutorial shows you how to do this:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html

philc43, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Is There A Way To Roll Back After Refreshing PC - Similar Threads - Roll Refreshing

2. How can I roll back drivers that I updated from driver easy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I roll back drivers that I updated from driver easy: Please help, I found errors and problems after I installed drivers from Driver Easy. Now I cannot roll them back because it needs a subscription for that. Now I am stuck using these drivers on my laptop. But I needed to revert these so that it could function properly without...
  3. How can I roll back drivers that I updated from driver easy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I roll back drivers that I updated from driver easy: Please help, I found errors and problems after I installed drivers from Driver Easy. Now I cannot roll them back because it needs a subscription for that. Now I am stuck using these drivers on my laptop. But I needed to revert these so that it could function properly without...
  4. I want to roll back to windows 7 from windows 10, but it has been an year im using it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to roll back to windows 7 from windows 10, but it has been an year im using it.: I want to roll back to windows 7 from windows 10, but it has been an year im using it. and it is very laggy so i want to change back, ANY WAYS?!...
  5. I want to roll back to windows 7 from windows 10, but it has been an year im using it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to roll back to windows 7 from windows 10, but it has been an year im using it.: I want to roll back to windows 7 from windows 10, but it has been an year im using it. and it is very laggy so i want to change back, ANY WAYS?!...
  6. I want to roll back to windows 7 from windows 10, but it has been an year im using it.

7. IntelR UHD Graphics 600 keeps rolling back to older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IntelR UHD Graphics 600 keeps rolling back to older version: I recently downloaded IntelR UHD Graphics 600 Version 31.0.101.2127 from ther website and when I check the windows update it started downloading the older Version 30.0.101.1191. and told me to retart computer to finish... I redownloaded the newer Version from my device manger...
  8. IntelR UHD Graphics 600 keeps rolling back to older version

IntelR UHD Graphics 600 keeps rolling back to older version: I recently downloaded IntelR UHD Graphics 600 Version 31.0.101.2127 from ther website and when I check the windows update it started downloading the older Version 30.0.101.1191. and told me to retart computer to finish... I redownloaded the newer Version from my device manger...
  9. A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...

A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...: Some notes:I have 2 PCs with Intel AX211 cards and 1 PC with Intel AX210 card.All 3 used to be able to detect WiFi 6E channels reliably both connecting to WiFi 6E router and displaying channel info using a wifi scanner app.After driver has been updated either the update to...
  10. New Refreshed Experience rolling out for Mixer 1-Year Anniversary

in Windows 10 News
    New Refreshed Experience rolling out for Mixer 1-Year Anniversary: HIgMcwvMv_w Wow - a lot happens in a year. Last May, you welcomed Mixer into your lives. Since then, it’s been an amazing journey together. We’ve laughed together. We’ve cried together. We’ve had GGs and epic fails. But most of all, there’s been...community, together. And...