Windows 10: Is there a way to scan the PC to add software to the list?

Discus and support Is there a way to scan the PC to add software to the list? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made a clean install to fix the problem, and to avoid to download everything again i copied the following folders: -ProgramData -Program Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alfear, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Alfear Win User

Is there a way to scan the PC to add software to the list?

I made a clean install to fix the problem, and to avoid to download everything again i copied the following folders:

-ProgramData
    -Program Files
    -Program Files(x86)

-AppData

And stored them in a different hard drive. After the clean install, i pasted them back into their positions.
    All applications work great, but they don't appear on the application list since i technically never installed them. This is a bit of a problem, mainly because i can't set certain software as default.

:)

Alfear, Nov 18, 2019

2. Basic install software lists

My software tips (not already mentioned)
    • Tclock, clock and date tool
    • Ultramon, for 2 or more monitors
    • Irfanview, for very fast jpg viewer (and other formats)
    • Wordweb, super little dictionary
    • The Dude, network scan
    • PRINT DRIVERS *Laugh :laugh:
    • Ad-muncher, internet control

lemonadesoda, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Is there a way to scan the PC to add software to the list?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there a way to scan the PC to add software to the list? - Similar Threads - scan add software

2. Generated Software List is Not Showing All Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generated Software List is Not Showing All Software: Hello,I've been using this article to generate software lists for my windows 10 PC:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-a-list-of-installed-software/443cd8a2-8f2d-4771-bb52-b7df188acd38However, I work with a lot of niche art software like Zbrush,...
  3. Generated Software List is Not Showing All Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generated Software List is Not Showing All Software: Hello,I've been using this article to generate software lists for my windows 10 PC:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-a-list-of-installed-software/443cd8a2-8f2d-4771-bb52-b7df188acd38However, I work with a lot of niche art software like Zbrush,...
  4. Generated Software List is Not Showing All Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What is the most effective way of adding a desktop app not listed in the "Add or Remove"...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the most effective way of adding a desktop app not listed in the "Add or Remove"...: Tried reinstalling the program, but it didn't work for me for some reason and I can't get it to work unless it's listed in the "Add or Remove" program. submitted by /u/TrendWarrior101 [link] [comments]...
  6. Printing a list of installed software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing a list of installed software: How do I print a list of installed software on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-a-list-of-installed-software/443cd8a2-8f2d-4771-bb52-b7df188acd38
  7. Any way to add expanded menus back to the start list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to add expanded menus back to the start list?: I found the method to add items to the start list, but its missing certain things, for instance the control panel and the shell: games folder. I want to be able to add those options to the start list and also make them expanded lists so I dont have to open a folder and then...
  8. Any way to add programs to default list?

Any way to add programs to default list?: I use Eudora 7.1 for email in Windows 10. It's an old program that is no longer supported; however, it works perfectly. But it's not showing as my default email program and isn't listed among available choices. Is there any way to add it to the list so I can make it the...
  9. Way/software to scan documents and save as both pdf and jpeg in one go

Way/software to scan documents and save as both pdf and jpeg in one go: Presently I need to scan a document twice to save as two different types i.e pdf and jpeg or even if I want to save in colour and Black n White separately than also I have to scan two times. I am using HP scanning software for my HP flatbed scanner. Is there any way or other...
  10. Software listing

Software listing: So on my Mac I go to macupdate.com to find new software. Is there a similar place for Windows? I'm not talking softonic or cnet or download.com where you mostly get malware and crap. Something fairly decent. Not looking for anything specific. 43051