Windows 10: Is there a way to schedule to check for/install updates?

Discus and support Is there a way to schedule to check for/install updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am looking for a way to automate checking for updates. Ideally, I would like to use Windows Scheduler to run a script every Friday evening that would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/d7_d7, Jan 18, 2020.

1. /u/d7_d7 Win User

Is there a way to schedule to check for/install updates?

I am looking for a way to automate checking for updates. Ideally, I would like to use Windows Scheduler to run a script every Friday evening that would tell my computer to check for updates and install them if any updates are available. Can this be done, preferably without using any 3rd party software?

submitted by /u/d7_d7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/d7_d7, Jan 18, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jan 18, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Question About Scheduled Optimisation

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

And also ensure that the Task Scheduler service is running.

• Follow the steps to check the service.

• Press Windows + R, type Services.msc

• Select the Task scheduler service and restart the service and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to schedule to check for/install updates? - Similar Threads - schedule check install

2. How to schedule the exact time for Windows 10 to check for updates and installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to schedule the exact time for Windows 10 to check for updates and installation: The commonly provided answers to my question are irrelevant by advising to pause the updates, that's not what I am asking. I want to know if I can schedule the exact time slot of the day when windows 10 checks for updates and similarly an exact time slot when it installs the...
  3. How to schedule the exact time for Windows 10 to check for updates and installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to schedule the exact time for Windows 10 to check for updates and installation: The commonly provided answers to my question are irrelevant by advising to pause the updates, that's not what I am asking. I want to know if I can schedule the exact time slot of the day when windows 10 checks for updates and similarly an exact time slot when it installs the...
  4. How to schedule the exact time for Windows 10 to check for updates and installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to add "Check for Updates" as a task in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add "Check for Updates" as a task in Task Scheduler?: I want it to check for updates once in an hour. Can anybody help me with that? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-check-for-updates-as-a-task-in-task/7ff860e6-f78c-47cc-bc9b-d7faf853220e
  6. How to add "Check for Updates" as a task in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add "Check for Updates" as a task in Task Scheduler?: I want it to check for updates once in an hour. Can anybody help me with that? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-check-for-updates-as-a-task-in-task/7ff860e6-f78c-47cc-bc9b-d7faf853220e
  7. Is there a way to check my install and uninstall history?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to check my install and uninstall history?: Is there a way to check my install and uninstall history? Like at what dates I installed something and at what dates I uninstalled it? Basically, I got banned in a game because my account got hacked and I wanna get it back so I wanna send proof submitted by /u/Haris1C...
  8. Is there any way to check why an update is failing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to check why an update is failing?: Been trying to install the 2004 may update for a month now, it downloads, does a restart, then another restart, gets to about 60% then does a rollback. I checked the event viewer and it has nothing. Is there any possible way to find out why it's failing? Is it possible to...
  9. Next Windows Update check scheduled for 2023

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Next Windows Update check scheduled for 2023: Hello all, About a month ago, I built a desktop and installed Windows 10 64 Home on it. It's been running fine up to this point. On Tuesday, however, I decided to pull up Windows Update to see if it had downloaded the monthly patches. It said that my system was up to date,...
  10. Checking the updates to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking the updates to install: Hi In Windows 10 v1703, it is possible to block some Windows Update and Microsoft Store updates so that I can check the updates to install? Thanks Bye 90963