Windows 10: Is there a way to Screen Print Active Window straight to PNG?

Discus and support Is there a way to Screen Print Active Window straight to PNG? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Question: Is there a way of saving Screen Captures/Prints of JUST an active window as a PNG to the Screenshots directory like you can with "Start/Win +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by varxtis, Nov 16, 2020.

1. varxtis Win User

Is there a way to Screen Print Active Window straight to PNG?

Question: Is there a way of saving Screen Captures/Prints of JUST an active window as a PNG to the Screenshots directory like you can with "Start/Win + Print Scrn"?
    "Alt + Start/Win + Print Scrn" doesn't even capture to clip-board.

What I know -
    With windows there are a couple of ways of going about saving screen prints:
    - You can press "Print Scrn" to capture the whole desktop or "Alt + Print Scrn" to capture just the active window. Either of these will capture what is currently on screen to your clip-board. Once you have your screen prints in your clip-board, you paste it into an image program to save or edit it.
    - Alternatively there are two other was of saving Screen Prints while skipping image programs all together. First is using the "Snipping Tool" or "Snip and Sketch", both built-in apps in Windows. However, My favorite is "Start + Print Scrn". This one is best for me because it creates a PNG of your screen print with just a key stroke. I don't have to worry about opening any other programs or saving name/location. I can just change that latter if need be. BUT the problem I'm running into I use multiple monitors... so when I do "Start/Win + Print Scrn", it saves a huge image spanning the two or three monitors in use. And this can be enormous since I use 4k resolution (with scaling) on one.

What I'd like to know is if there is a way of using the same process as "Start/Win +Print Scrn", except capture just the active window. I've tried adding "alt" (so, "Alt + Start/Win + Print Scrn"), but it doesn't do anything, literally. Oddly it doesn't even copy to the clip board. Does any one know?

:)

varxtis, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Kantastic Win User

Print window popping up off screen

Look at the print window on the bottom half of the attached image, it's out of the screen. I have to drag it up to click the print button.

Kantastic, Nov 16, 2020
  3. keakar Win User
    monitor resolution has screen print way too small

my widescreen lcd monitor (see specs) needs to use 1680x1050 to have a normal looking picture but this monitor resolution has the screen print way too small for my liking. its like looking at newspaper print. this print size looks to be about the same physical size as my old 17" monitor had but on this 22" it looks very miniturized and not in proportion to the monitor size.

is there a way to increase webpage print like your reading here in this post?

by using desktop right click to properties i tried changing text size but it only effects start menu items or the menu bar up top but not the address window or tabs or the search bar. if i use a different resolution to get bigger print i end up with a stretched out look to the screen. the best way to describe that is the round smileys on the right become lemon shaped and the larger the object, like the tpu shortcut icon on my desktop, the more pronounced the warping is.

can someone tell me how to adjust this for better reading?

PS - i have the lastest video and monitor drivers installed.

keakar, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Is there a way to Screen Print Active Window straight to PNG?

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to Screen Print Active Window straight to PNG?

1. Is there a way to Screen Print Active Window straight to PNG? - Similar Threads - Screen Print Active

2. Active Window Print Screen with Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Active Window Print Screen with Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard: Hi, I just bought a new Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, and it doesn't have a print screen on it. I've tried to program the shortcut buttons to be a print-screen. However, when I try to use it with Alt to only grab the active window, I still get a capture of all my monitors!...
  3. Print Pictures Screen - some options print png with black background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print Pictures Screen - some options print png with black background: Please help! I'm a paper artist and I often print duplicates of the same image on a single page. Recently some print options in the Print Pictures window alter my image, adding a black background. How I Print: Go the folder and image I want to print. Right click on the...
  4. Is there any way to search in Windows 10 by typing straight on the desktop, without...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to search in Windows 10 by typing straight on the desktop, without...: It would be really handy, I'm open to third party applications too. submitted by /u/muhmeinchut69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7h1q3/is_there_any_way_to_search_in_windows_10_by/
  5. Is there a way for Screenshots to not go straight to clipboard, but to go to the screenshot...

Is there a way for Screenshots to not go straight to clipboard, but to go to the screenshot...: When taking a screenshot and selecting the part of the page you want to screenshot, it always goes straight to clipboard. Can I change it to go to the screenshot folder? When just screenshotting the entire screen, it goes there. submitted by /u/cruelsummer97 [link]...
  6. Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?

Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?: I'm trying to snip something that's shaped like a hexagon and it's pretty much impossible to keep a straight line with my mouse to snip it and still look good. I've searched all over and can't find an answer anywhere. I hope this is allowed here, I can remove it if it's not...
  7. Windows 10 mail won’t print email with png attachment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mail won’t print email with png attachment: With windows 10 mail i cannot print emails with png attachment, clicking print results in the print window going away, the print preview window doesn’t open and nothing happens at the printer. All other emails without png attachments print ok. Forwarding the png email to...
  8. Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...: Alt + Print Screen and Ctrl + Print Screen work fine on Windows 10 Enterprise when I use them at work, but when I try to use the commands on my home computer with Windows 10 Home, none of the options work. I realize I can use the snipping tool, but why would I want to take...
  9. Best way to convert a png file to a jpg file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to convert a png file to a jpg file: Hi, I have just received a one off photo which is a PNG and PDF but my computer will not let me open it. I have tried things like paint but no luck. So is there an app which I can get if possible FREE which will let me open them or convert them. Thanks...
  10. Can I "print to jpg / png ? "

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I "print to jpg / png ? ": I find that In windows every time I try to print something there is a great option -- Print to PDF I wonder if I can print to jpg or png too ? What is the best and the most official advice of doing this? Does it require third party software? Note: I don't want to...