Windows 10: Is there a way to search the web through the PowerToys run feature?

Discus and support Is there a way to search the web through the PowerToys run feature? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! I just downloaded the PowerToys and am finding it super useful! I especially love the run feature that can open an application, folder, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2q88h6vecpsy, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Is there a way to search the web through the PowerToys run feature?

Hi all!

I just downloaded the PowerToys and am finding it super useful!

I especially love the run feature that can open an application, folder, or website.

Is it possible to set it to search the web for a term that I search in the application? It's already able to launch my default browser when I type in a website.

submitted by /u/2q88h6vecpsy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/2q88h6vecpsy, Nov 24, 2020

2. Is there any way to make Cortana suck less as a search feature?

Hi Mortiferous,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform you that, if you are searching for system tools and it takes a long time with the loading dots in the top, then it could mean that the search function is trying to search online as well for the search keyword, but
    is taking a long time due to network connectivity issue. In this case, I would suggest you to turn off Cortana and turn of the option to search online and include web results. Check if the issue occurs.

I also suggest you to Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooterand check if that helps:

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.
    • Run the Troubleshooter.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.18.1 released for Windows 10

Source:

How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Is there a way to search the web through the PowerToys run feature?

New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.18.2 released for Windows 10

Source:

How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to search the web through the PowerToys run feature?

1. Is there a way to search the web through the PowerToys run feature? - Similar Threads - search web through

2. Can Powertoys Run search for files on the device? (I want it to completely replace Search...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Powertoys Run search for files on the device? (I want it to completely replace Search...: I've checked 'files' and all the other things that Powertoys Run can do, but it doesn't actually seem to give me filename results e.g. if I'm searching for a pdf named xyz. Is this feature not there yet? submitted by /u/micro_haila [link] [comments]...
  3. Powertoys run not opening files or folders

Powertoys run not opening files or folders: As seen here: https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/issues/3209 I've restarted the PC after installing already.I dont see .jpgs, or folders for instance, I can only search and open files, folders, etc, for the C: drive and no other drive? is this normal? submitted by...
  4. Can't search the web

in Cortana
    Can't search the web: I tried to search the weather with Bing search and it said 'No results found' Did the web search feature get removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-search-the-web/1430ab93-b385-49dd-81a5-22a12a17ac7b
  5. Is there any way to disable the UAC popup when I run PowerToys as an admin user?

Is there any way to disable the UAC popup when I run PowerToys as an admin user?: I'm aware I can change it globally but that doesn't seem overly safe, I was wondering if there were a way to disable it on a per-app basis? submitted by /u/unabatedshagie [link] [comments]...
  6. How to use PowerToys Run and Keyboard Manager PowerToy

in Windows 10 News
    How to use PowerToys Run and Keyboard Manager PowerToy: [ATTACH]Microsoft PowerToys is an incredible tool that offers small programs, tools, and hacks that will help you in many places. We have talked about the […] This article How to use PowerToys Run and Keyboard Manager PowerToy first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Window Walker - a PowerToys app switching utility that lets you type to search through your...

Window Walker - a PowerToys app switching utility that lets you type to search through your...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ft1pgw/window_walker_a_powertoys_app_switching_utility/
  8. regardins windows +s web search feature and cortana

in Cortana
    regardins windows +s web search feature and cortana: everyone, I have experiencing the issue of not being able to access the web through the windows + s web search feature (bing search) and secondly cortana cant hear me it keeps saying the internet and I are not talking right now. I have tried factory resetting the device,...
  9. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  10. Search is searching the web again

in Windows 10 Support
    Search is searching the web again: I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powertoys google search