Windows 10: is there a way to see inside a folder on the desktop just by hovering over it with the cursor

Discus and support is there a way to see inside a folder on the desktop just by hovering over it with the cursor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] like this submitted by /u/ilukpo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ilukpo, Sep 20, 2020.

1. /u/ilukpo Win User

is there a way to see inside a folder on the desktop just by hovering over it with the cursor

/u/ilukpo, Sep 20, 2020
  2. EvonyV Win User

How to disable desktop folder highlight on hover

Thank you, GMCGee78 for the suggestion.

Double click is already enabled. I do see how single click will highlight and remain lit after removing the cursor from the icon.
    Hovering in that instance acts as the initial click select of a double click, priming the object to be expanded with, seemingly, the singular click.

As it stands (double click enabled) hovering alone brings up the highlighted function. If I click, it will stay selected, similar to single click that you've pointed toward, where if the cursor is moved about the screen, that selection will remain until deselected.

If I don't click, and only hover, it will remain highlighted until I remove the cursor.
    In this instance it isn't fully selected, it's just showing me where the icon/folder is located underneath the cursor. Which is default and fully normal.

Removing the highlight and outline entirely, while hovering above with the cursor, is the aim. No acknowledgement of cursor placement when hovering above the item, in other words.

OR

Highlighting/outline in response to a click instead of a hover.

Your participation in searching for the answer is much appreciated. I feel we are nearing a solution.

EvonyV, Sep 20, 2020
  3. niksus Win User
    desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor

I got the Anniversary Update a month or two back. And ever since I have this problem on desktop icons.
    The mouse hover selection is shifted away from cursor, in a way that the next icon is selected, not the one under cursor.

When I click, the icon with the hover selection is started, not the one under cursor.
    This only happens with desktop icons.

Tried to update drivers, but nothing's changed.

niksus, Sep 20, 2020
  4. is there a way to see inside a folder on the desktop just by hovering over it with the cursor

display contents of folder on hover ?

I used to have an app that let you hover the mouse over a folder and you will see the contents display in a pop up area.. similar to the right click context feature. You could then choose a shortcut from that to open - all without ever opening the folder itself.

I cant for the life of me find that app but i want to use it to help organize my desktop.

Any ideas?

John Phoenix, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

is there a way to see inside a folder on the desktop just by hovering over it with the cursor

1. is there a way to see inside a folder on the desktop just by hovering over it with the cursor - Similar Threads - inside folder desktop

2. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  3. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  4. Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.: This may have been asked before but is there a way to edit what information is shown in the cursor pop up dialogue box?For example, when i hover the cursor over a jpeg image in windows explorer, a box will pop up displaying info about the file. I want to see more info or at...
  5. Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.: This may have been asked before but is there a way to edit what information is shown in the cursor pop up dialogue box?For example, when i hover the cursor over a jpeg image in windows explorer, a box will pop up displaying info about the file. I want to see more info or at...
  6. Change desktop icons when hovering over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change desktop icons when hovering over: I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray. Is it possible to change the background color from the image...
  7. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  8. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...
  9. Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder: Just did a clean install on a Dell laptop. I have everything turned off in Notifications and still get this popup. Driving me nuts ! Where did they hide the setting ? Thanks 94601
  10. Cursor hover over application issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor hover over application issue: Hello friends, I recently switched to Windows 10 and it's been great so far but I've been having problems with one specific thing. I use VLC to listen to podcasts and I leave the VLC window behind all the rest of my windows since I don't need to touch it for any reason...