Windows 10: Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive?

Discus and support Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My hard drive just lost around 10 gb, and I honestly don’t know what’s taking it up. At this point, my C: drive is only around 4 gb of open space. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuacksterJones, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive?

My hard drive just lost around 10 gb, and I honestly don’t know what’s taking it up. At this point, my C: drive is only around 4 gb of open space. Is there a way to see what was recently added to it so I can delete it?

On another note, why is there so little space in my C: drive? At most, when I click on storage settings, it says around 50 gb of actual files are taking up space, so what is draining all of my space if it’s not any registered files?

submitted by /u/QuacksterJones
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuacksterJones, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive?

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive?

1. Is there a way to see the newest files added to your hard drive? - Similar Threads - newest files added

2. Added External hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Added External hard drive: I recently added an external hard drive to be able to download windows updates since the computer hard drive is so small. At first the windows only took a few GBs but now it is at almost 2 TBs. Why is it taking up so much space and how can I free up some of that space?...
  3. Is there any way to get Win10 to see a hard drive from Win7?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to get Win10 to see a hard drive from Win7?: I have a 3TB hard disk that was my archive drive for all the video and audio media files on my Media-Centre PC which is a Win7 OS When I installed it as an internal drive on my current machine it is connected in the BIOS but Win10 OS it does not show in File Explorer, Disk...
  4. How do I see what's the newest file in my C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I see what's the newest file in my C: Drive?: How do I see what's the newest file in my C: Drive? submitted by /u/HardGamesMaster323 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k637zg/how_do_i_see_whats_the_newest_file_in_my_c_drive/
  5. Program to see the newest data on my hard drive?

Program to see the newest data on my hard drive?: My C drive keeps filling up and I'm not downloading anything onto it, so I was looking for a program, or just a way to see what data has been written into my disk from newest to oldest. submitted by /u/ltltltsmash [link] [comments]...
  6. Any way to find recent files added to hard drive?

Any way to find recent files added to hard drive?: 2 days ago, I had about 80gb free on my C drive. Today I have a little over 1gb.I don't think I've added anything that took up that much space... Is there any way to find out what happened??? submitted by /u/AlbinoEthiopian3 [link] [comments]...
  7. newest update external hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    newest update external hard drive problem: with the newest update that came out just yesterday. 9/14/2019. my external usb hardrive no longer reads. i have tried all of my usb ports. it only work under one instance. if i connect it to a usb hub that is connected tot he computer on a usb extension. which makes no sense...
  8. Partitions added on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions added on hard drive: I have updated both my laptop and desktop to windows 1803. The SSD on laptop has one additional partition added and my desktop HDD has three additional partitions added. Updated from 1709 to 1803. Both computers have EFI. Both computers work very good but why did 1803 add...
  9. win10 cannot see a hard drive added in.

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 cannot see a hard drive added in.: had a hard drive problem so took it out of that machine and added it into mine so's i could run seatools on it. but it doesn't appear in the list. how can i get win10 to see it? i had a thing like this once before but i've forgotten the procedure... 81421
  10. Need to see program files on external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to see program files on external hard drive.: Windows 10 did an update on my wife's desktop that was incompatible with the Nvidia graphic drivers on it. As a result, the dual monitors no longer display. We took the computer to the local Microsoft store and they were fully aware of the problem and are working on it. But,...