Windows 10: Is there a way to see what kinds of plug-in ports I have?

Discus and support Is there a way to see what kinds of plug-in ports I have? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not too tech-savvy regarding hardware, and it's hard to see the symbols on the plug-in ports. So is there a way I can see all of the open hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WackyH, Nov 28, 2020.

1. /u/WackyH Win User

Is there a way to see what kinds of plug-in ports I have?

I'm not too tech-savvy regarding hardware, and it's hard to see the symbols on the plug-in ports. So is there a way I can see all of the open hardware ports I have? (such as HDMI, USB, etc)

submitted by /u/WackyH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WackyH, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Is there a way to see what kinds of plug-in ports I have? [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Nov 28, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Is there a way to see what kinds of plug-in ports I have?

Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to see what kinds of plug-in ports I have?

1. Is there a way to see what kinds of plug-in ports I have? - Similar Threads - kinds plug ports

2. What kind of bluescreen is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What kind of bluescreen is this?: [ATTACH] Never seen it before but this is the 3rd time today submitted by /u/TpM725 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/18cusdi/what_kind_of_bluescreen_is_this/
  3. What kind of charging port does my laptop have?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What kind of charging port does my laptop have?: Hello, I just bought a new Gateway laptop with 256 GB of space and 16 GB ram. It is the Ultra Slim one they have on the Walmart Website that's around $400. I have a charger for it but I would like to know what kind of port it is so I can buy a USB cable to charge it instead....
  4. Port Forwarding vs Plug and Play. What Should I Use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding vs Plug and Play. What Should I Use?: I've read a lot of articles suggesting to disable plug and play on my router or my NAS and enable port forwarding in its place. The articles or people claim its easy. I want to do it but since I'm a bit of a newbie, the venture sounds pretty daunting. Given that I never took...
  5. Is there a way to see which device is unplugging and plugging itself in?

Is there a way to see which device is unplugging and plugging itself in?: I keep hearing the notification for a device unplugging and plugging back in, but I cannot for the life of me figure out which device it is. The noises are seconds apart. Is there a way to enable notifications or use 3rd party software to track which devices are being added?...
  6. What kind of VIRUS is this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What kind of VIRUS is this?: I was on this forum and all of a sudden my complete screen turned a bright red covered part way with another red screen. I'm on Win10 version 1909. What I could read on the big screen said; Stop Code: Microsoft Edge Detect Malware Error Report. In the smaller window it said;...
  7. What kind of internet connection do I have?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What kind of internet connection do I have?: I want to have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate to optimize my network settings but I don't know what connection type I should put that I have, he options the program gives are: LAN, DSL, FIOS, or Wireless? there isn't a 'cable' option. I have Time Warner Cable cable...
  8. What kind of design is this?

What kind of design is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/S_IV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duccw4/what_kind_of_design_is_this/
  9. I have moved to some kind of new windows 10 or what ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have moved to some kind of new windows 10 or what ???: My total Desktop window changed somehow automatic, no problem there but after this my E-Tabs software is not working ?? why ? which just working fine previously. ( somehow setting - personalization is not working ) [IMG]...
  10. keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports: Hi, I have a laptop and I travel a lot. Hence, I unplug and I replug most of my peripherical: mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. I change the USB drives all the time. I have a bug from windows 10. When I change the place of the peripherical, it looks like Windows 10 has...