Windows 10: Is there a way to see what's keeping my laptop from going to sleep mode?

Discus and support Is there a way to see what's keeping my laptop from going to sleep mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm getting pissed off myself, I went for a trip with friends and I come back to my laptop's screen being black, but my keyboard LED being on, and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/azagov, Apr 13, 2021.

1. /u/azagov Win User

Is there a way to see what's keeping my laptop from going to sleep mode?

I'm getting pissed off myself, I went for a trip with friends and I come back to my laptop's screen being black, but my keyboard LED being on, and my mouse. I had given my power settings instructions to sleep after 10 minutes, but they didn't? I have a suspection it's malwarebytes

submitted by /u/azagov
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/azagov, Apr 13, 2021
  2. John Ado Win User

Laptop not going to sleep mode

Hi Hrishav,

We want to learn more about your concern. Help us verify the following:

• Does it happen right after the clean installation? If not, what changes were made to your system that might have cause the issue?
    • When did you do the clean installation?
    • Did you reset from factory defaults, or used an installation media or bootable USB?

If you haven't installed a lot of apps yet, you may try to do a reset that lets you keep your personal files. In
    Settings, go to Update & security > Recovery
    > Reset this PC. Select Keep my files. Otherwise, you may try to manual change your sleep settings, follow this

thread
    for reference. It's a bit old but the steps are the same.

We look forward to your response.

John Ado, Apr 13, 2021
  3. SueOgle Win User
    monitor keeps going into sleep mode

monitor keeps going into sleep mode

SueOgle, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Is there a way to see what's keeping my laptop from going to sleep mode? [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there a way to see what's keeping my laptop from going to sleep mode? - Similar Threads - what's keeping laptop

2. PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?: My computer turns the screens black after about 5 - 10 minutes of being idle with no mouse movement and after about 30 minutes it will go into sleep mode even though i have my computer set to never do that in settings. any help would be great thank you.Processor - AMD Ryzen 7...
  3. PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?: My computer turns the screens black after about 5 - 10 minutes of being idle with no mouse movement and after about 30 minutes it will go into sleep mode even though i have my computer set to never do that in settings. any help would be great thank you.Processor - AMD Ryzen 7...
  4. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows was not going in Sleep mode: Hello,I'm Ayush from India, Recently I'm facing one Issue on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 that my windows doesn't go in Sleep. Whenever I press sleep my monitor got off and in 5-6 seconds it automatically wakeup from Sleep even without disturbing mouse or Keyboard. Please...
  5. Laptop going on sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop going on sleep mode randomly: So, I’ve got an acer nitro 5 (i5 9th, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd + 1tb, gtx 1650) and recently it goes into sleeping mode on its own, when I’m using it. It doesn’t happen all the time, like once every two days but it’s still annoying. Sometimes it happens while I’m gaming. I don’t...
  6. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  7. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  8. My Laptop keeps going into repair mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop keeps going into repair mode: I just asked a question about my laptop's keyboard and touchpad not working and probably found a solution but now my computer keeps going into auto repair and i can't get to windows to sign in or anything....
  9. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  10. Laptop keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps going to sleep: I have an HP 8540 laptop. I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off/no. HOWEVER, it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running. There r a few things like my 3D printer program...