Windows 10: Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable

Discus and support Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm hoping there's a way to send a video from a Chrome tab to the tv using an HDMI cable while I'm doing other stuff on the computer monitor. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable

I'm hoping there's a way to send a video from a Chrome tab to the tv using an HDMI cable while I'm doing other stuff on the computer monitor. Is this even possible? At the moment, everything on the computer is mirrored on the tv.

:)

AshleyQuick, Oct 5, 2019
  2. sagarpv Win User

N8 : HDMI cable is not fit to HDMI port on Sony Bravia TV

Hi,

I got the HDMI cable with the N8, I tried to connect my N8 to the Sony Bravia TV with this cable. But it is not fit into the HDMI port of the TV.

Is there any other connectivity cable require to connect phone and TV through HDMI cable?

If yes, please suggest me what cable and where to buy that cable.

or

Is there any other way to connect my phone and TV through HDMI.

sagarpv, Oct 5, 2019
  3. hdmi cable to tv,, no display now.. HELP?

The HDMI port on the Acer Aspire Z1-621G is an INPUT port NOT an output port. In other word's you can not use it to hook up a TV to use as a second monitor but you CAN use it to hook up a DVD or Blu-Ray player and use the screen as a display for them. You
    could also hook up a Dish or Direct TV or Cable box which has a HDMI port to display the output on the screen as if it was a TV. In fact, I am writing this while using my Acer V3 laptop which I have hooked to my Z1, using the display on the Z1 has my working
    display. When you are connected this way, you can either display the Z1 screen or the input from the HDMI port, but not both at once, though you can switch back and forth between them.

Billye Gilbert, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable

PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

If the PC has detected your HDMI-TV connection then it will be shown as an additional display in Settings, System, Display.

Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable [​IMG]

If there is no additional display shown then your PC has not detected your HDMI-TV connection
    - Unless there is something wrong with the connection itself, I'd first try going to your PC maker then downloading and [re-]installing the latest display driver.
    - I suggest you also check your PC manual & any user forum your PC maker provides to see if there is any useful guidance there.
    - You might also get somebody else to connect their PC to your TV using the same TV settings & HDMI cable to prove that nothing there is at fault.

Denis

Try3, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable

1. Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable - Similar Threads - send video 2nd

2. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  3. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  4. Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.: Hello, I'd like to ask a question about my monitor. So when I am using my PC, I keep my HDMI cable plugged in to the TV which is connected to the CPU. However, when I unplug the HDMI cable, my monitor does not display anything. A message appears saying, "The current input...
  5. HDMI 2nd Display

HDMI 2nd Display: For some reason my 2nd display, HDMI, isn't connecting. The computer can't detect it. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-2nd-display/054c4bb4-ff71-410c-9e9e-d1d8715d35b8
  6. Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable: I'm hoping there's a way to send a video from a Chrome tab to the tv using an HDMI cable while I'm doing other stuff on the computer monitor. Is this even possible? At the moment, everything on the computer is mirrored on the tv. 141943
  7. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  8. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...
  9. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  10. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...