Windows 10: Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?

Discus and support Is there a way to separate the output/input volume? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to make a video of a game. I'm having a bug where only some sounds obey the sound settings (ubisoft for you). Anyway the only way I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/virus100, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?

I was trying to make a video of a game. I'm having a bug where only some sounds obey the sound settings (ubisoft for you). Anyway the only way I can get the sound right is by lowering the master volume in the sound settings of windows 10 but that also makes my mic too quiet. I cant find a way to quiet the game sound while keeping my mic sound maxed out. Thank you.

submitted by /u/virus100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/virus100, Apr 1, 2021
  2. 7thSense Win User
    7thSense, Apr 1, 2021
  3. techgrunt Win User
    Attempting to separate a line input into separate left and right line input sliders in windows sound control area

Hey all,

I am trying to setup a m-audio m-track 8 so that each line input shows up as a separate input or output under the sound control panel. Right now windows seems to map them in left and right pairs which does not meet my needs as effectively as the software
    packages I am going to be using will only use the left channel in the present configuration thus wasting half of the inputs and outputs.

Is there a way of forcing windows to map all the inputs and outputs as separate devices rather than paired? (see picture) This would then make all eight of the inputs and outputs accessible and useable for me making for maximum use of the device.

Note: the one line input pair is just retitled to remind me to use the left channel of the pair and is not a mono channel.

Is there a way to separate the output/input volume? 34485281-ce64-4e2e-bfa8-2cb3ee11e8b9.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help,

techgrunt, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?

Sound input and output

Does it show a separate microphone device from the earphones available to select as the input device instead of only the earphones?

You may need to just select each input device one at a time to test and see if one may be for the microphone of the earphones.

The earphones may be for output instead.

Shawn Brink, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?

1. Is there a way to separate the output/input volume? - Similar Threads - separate output input

2. No internet icon and volume input/output unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet icon and volume input/output unavailable: I have no way to connect to the internet although I have the drivers installed and yet I cannot see or retrieve the icon nor can I go to settings and connect to any Wi-Fi even if I used a cable it would not show internet, the sound on the other hand shows an ‘x’ underneath it...
  3. No internet icon and volume input/output unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet icon and volume input/output unavailable: I have no way to connect to the internet although I have the drivers installed and yet I cannot see or retrieve the icon nor can I go to settings and connect to any Wi-Fi even if I used a cable it would not show internet, the sound on the other hand shows an ‘x’ underneath it...
  4. Separation of input and output devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Separation of input and output devices: I want to use my audio port as a microphone and use another device as an output. The issue is that when I plugged in my microphone to the audio port it worked well, but the speaker did not work at all. I tried to change the output device to a Bluetooth headphone but I...
  5. input and output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    input and output: Im on a laptop and it doesnt recognise the microphone array, the headphones, the headphones microphone and the speakers of the laptop. so basically there is no input and no output. i searched on google how to make it work but none of the ways i found worked. it happened after...
  6. I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm unable to separately adjust my input and output volume: [ATTACH] I've been trying to adjust my input and output volume manually, because Teams is too loud at 100%. I've noticed that when I adjust slider in the Mixer, it reduces Speech Runtime Executable as well, which for some reason reduces my input volume. This happens with...
  7. Any way to increase the headphone output volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to increase the headphone output volume?: On my Android phone, I can root it and edit some .xml files in the system files to increase the volume. For example, I can even push it to the point of distortion ( not what I'm trying to do though) just by changing some values, no need for any hardware changes. I don't plan...
  8. Is there a way to separate Touch screen input and mouse cursor?

Is there a way to separate Touch screen input and mouse cursor?: I have 2 Monitors, Monitor 1 is my main and I only use mouse control, Monitor 2 has a touch screen support. Is there a way to stop the cursor to jump to the position of the touch screen whenever I touch it? I want a workflow where I can use my touch screen monitor to control...
  9. Separate audio outputs

Separate audio outputs: Hi, I am using Lenovo Y5070 and Realtek Audio Driver. Sometimes I want to listen my Spotify through the internal speakers of the laptop instead of the plugged in headphones. Because they are combined under the Speakers in Playback tab of the "Audio Settings" I can not do...
  10. Separate audio outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate audio outputs: Hi, I am using Lenovo Y5070 and Realtek Audio Driver. Sometimes I want to listen my Spotify through the internal speakers of the laptop instead of the plugged in headphones. Because they are combined under the Speakers in Playback tab of the "Audio Settings" I can not do...