Windows 10: Is there a way to set a zoom/ text size preference on your second display (laptop users)?

Discus and support Is there a way to set a zoom/ text size preference on your second display (laptop users)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use a dell XPS, multiple times I have to take my laptop on the go and disconnect it from my display. The problem is, I have to make the text in Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the-alchemist-, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Is there a way to set a zoom/ text size preference on your second display (laptop users)?

I use a dell XPS, multiple times I have to take my laptop on the go and disconnect it from my display. The problem is, I have to make the text in Edge browser for example larger, since the screen is bigger and further back. When I unplug the computer then the issue is that the text size stays large, too large for a laptop that is up close.

My question is, is there a way to preset this zoom when connected to a monitor, or is there an extension/ app to do this for me?

submitted by /u/the-alchemist-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the-alchemist-, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Aug 29, 2020
  3. JimP2829 Win User
    Text size slider disappeared in display settings

I have windows 10 with the latest updates.

I have been using 2 displays one on my 2019 dell inspiration laptop and another on a Samsung 27 in monitor connected with HDMI.

I was using the Samsung monitor on a different computer while using the laptop. The laptop was not connected to the other monitor at that time.

The text size was too small on the laptop so I adjusted the text size up with text size the slider which worked well.

I finished my work with the second computer and hooked the monitor back up to the laptop to use both screens.

My text size was too large on the monitor so I went back to settings, System, Display, Scale and Layout.

The only options now available are 100, 125, 150 and 175. There is now no slider.

I set the setting at 100 but the text size on the monitor is still much larger than it was when the slider worked.

The text size is about right on the laptop.

I use the display setting either as Duplicate and sometimes Extended but most often in second screen only with the laptop screen shut off.

I have tried to adjust text size using only the laptop with no HDMI connection to the other monitor and still no slider.

Question 1 How do I get the text size slider back?

Question 2 Can I set display text size to different settings for each Monitor whether in Duplicate, Extended, Second Screen or PC only

JimP2829, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Is there a way to set a zoom/ text size preference on your second display (laptop users)?

how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to set a zoom/ text size preference on your second display (laptop users)?

1. Is there a way to set a zoom/ text size preference on your second display (laptop users)? - Similar Threads - set zoom text

2. second display, zooming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    second display, zooming: Help !!when i plug in the second display, both screens zoom in and out, making it difficult to click settings, have change Hz setting and no problems setting up on another laptop. This laptop is new Windows 11...
  3. second display, zooming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    second display, zooming: Help !!when i plug in the second display, both screens zoom in and out, making it difficult to click settings, have change Hz setting and no problems setting up on another laptop. This laptop is new Windows 11...
  4. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  5. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  6. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is there a way to set the size of icons and text in Windows 10

Is there a way to set the size of icons and text in Windows 10: Hi forum, I have a new desktop with Windows 10 installed. My old desktop was on Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10 and things on the screen looked the same. This new desktop has Windows 10, but everything is smaller and hard to read. My old desktop had the icons and...
  8. Text and element size on laptop display super small!

Text and element size on laptop display super small!: I have a Lenovo Yoga connected to 2 monitors. The display on the laptop shows everything as very small however everything looks normal sized on my monitors. I went into display settings however it will not let me change my display's scaling. How do I fix this? Is this a...
  9. Text size slider disappeared in display settings

Text size slider disappeared in display settings: I have windows 10 with the latest updates. I have been using 2 displays one on my 2019 dell inspiration laptop and another on a Samsung 27 in monitor connected with HDMI. I was using the Samsung monitor on a different computer while using the laptop. The laptop was not...
  10. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...