Windows 10: Is there a way to set focus assist to turn on automatically when I'm using a video chat app?

Discus and support Is there a way to set focus assist to turn on automatically when I'm using a video chat app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's quite annoying to be in a zoom meeting and have to remember to enable it so no one can hear my calendar or email notifications go off. It looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thisnamenotavailable, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Is there a way to set focus assist to turn on automatically when I'm using a video chat app?

It's quite annoying to be in a zoom meeting and have to remember to enable it so no one can hear my calendar or email notifications go off.

It looks like focus assist turns on when an app is in full screen, but that's not an option as I need to have other apps open at the same time.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/thisnamenotavailable
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thisnamenotavailable, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Questions about Focus Assist

Thank you. Could you give me examples of Windows system notifications and can all of them be disabled? So, if I turn off the "get notifications from apps and other senders" setting I don't even have to disable other notifications' settings which remain turned on?

What if I turn off notifications and Focus Assist, may I still have any notifications?

Random guy, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Is there a way to set focus assist to turn on automatically when I'm using a video chat app?

Turn off Focus Assist

Hello @Eaglepi, *Smile

If you use the Media Creation Tool or download the latest ISO from Microsoft to use to create the bootable USB with, then it will create one for Windows 10 version 1903.

The screenshot you posted is a notification from the Focus Assist automatic rule When I'm using an app in full screen being turned on. Turning this setting off below should stop it.

*Arrow Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to set focus assist to turn on automatically when I'm using a video chat app?

1. Is there a way to set focus assist to turn on automatically when I'm using a video chat app? - Similar Threads - set focus assist

2. Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?: Every time I turn on my laptop running Windows 10, after login I see that Focus Assist is turned on and I have to turn it off manually. Is it something I should worry about? Will it cause any damage?...
  3. Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?: Every time I turn on my laptop running Windows 10, after login I see that Focus Assist is turned on and I have to turn it off manually. Is it something I should worry about? Will it cause any damage?...
  4. Why Focus Assist turns on automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Focus Assist Won't Automatically Turn On

Focus Assist Won't Automatically Turn On: I enabled the settings for Focus Assist to turn on automatically both when I'm playing a game and when I am running an app full screen. However, Focus Assist remains off and my games continue to be interrupted by notifications that I am thankful for any other time. This is...
  6. Automatic Rules in Focus Assist

Automatic Rules in Focus Assist: Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic rules using a gpo policy or registry edit? We want to try and have these off by default and let the user decide to turn them on....
  7. Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off: Hey everyone, I've been using focus assist for quite some time now and I quite like it, but lately it has been showing a weird behavior. When I start playing a game it turns itself on, as it should, but it does not turn itself off once I stop playing games. This did not...
  8. Automatic Rules for Focus Assist

Automatic Rules for Focus Assist: Hi, I am quite surprised to see automatic rules in Windows 10 since I am a heavy Tasker user in Android. There is a rule for turning on the focus assist when I'm using an app in full screen mode. As shown in the picture below: https://imgur.com/0QS9aOl I notice that it does...
  9. [Bug] Focus assist is turned on automatically when the desktop is shown.

[Bug] Focus assist is turned on automatically when the desktop is shown.: [ATTACH] Basically Focus assist turns on by itself if the desktop is the foremost window (if i can call it like this) Note that I had some customization apps open: Rainmeter, TranslucentTB, FalconX but I closed all of them and it didn't help at all. I also closed all the...
  10. Focus Assist not enabling automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus Assist not enabling automatically: When I'm playing Star Conflict, it doesn't get recognized and focus assist doesn't get enabled as configured. It's especially annoying because 1. VLC shows a notification every time a new track is played and 2. It"s the only program that I've ever used where the Windows key...