Windows 10: Is there a way to set specific programs to NOT bring up the 'run as administator?' prompt...

Discus and support Is there a way to set specific programs to NOT bring up the 'run as administator?' prompt... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's such a small thing, I know. submitted by /u/Like20MinutesAgo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Like20MinutesAgo, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Is there a way to set specific programs to NOT bring up the 'run as administator?' prompt...

/u/Like20MinutesAgo, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    a program on windows 10 can only be started with "Run as an adminstrator"

Hi Jaap,

If a program is configured to Always Run as an Administrator, there is a possibility that the program is protected from unauthorized access.

For us to isolate your issue and provide an appropriate resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Is the issue isolated only on a specific program?
    • Are you using an administrator account?

In the meantime, we have steps that we can try to allow a program to run in standard mode. Here are the steps below:

• Type in the "program name" in the Search box.
    • Right-click on the program and select Open file location.
    • Right-click on the program and click Properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Settings section, uncheck Run this program as an administrator.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Sep 28, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

Is there a way to set specific programs to NOT bring up the 'run as administator?' prompt...

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to set specific programs to NOT bring up the 'run as administator?' prompt...

1. Is there a way to set specific programs to NOT bring up the 'run as administator?' prompt... - Similar Threads - set specific programs

2. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  3. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  4. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a specific way to set up windows search?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a specific way to set up windows search?: I'm having problems with searching for files and folders in windows search and would like to know if there is a specific way to set things up to make searching easier. At the moment searching for files is pretty much non-functional and unless I know the location of a file I...
  6. Set monitor for specific programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set monitor for specific programs: I've bought a 2nd monitor today and I just cant figure out how to set a monitor for different programms. I want to play shooter on my main screen and racing games on my other. I think Windows needs to be able to set something like this. Or is there at least a programm that...
  7. Is there a way to set specific programs to use the High Performance power plan?

Is there a way to set specific programs to use the High Performance power plan?: I keep my power settings on Balanced to keep usage, noise and temperatures down when possible. However, in specific programs (games in this instance) I would like to use High Performance mode to squeeze full power out of my computer. Is there a way to do this in the Control...
  8. Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?: So I have programs that I use often, but they trigger UAC notifications. Without disabling UAC entirely, is there a way to not have the UAC notification pop up for that program? submitted by /u/Goodperson5656 [link] [comments]...
  9. Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt: Hello, I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug in their external drive and not be prompted by the windows UAC. I tried changing it to "Not notify" and it still prompts...
  10. Can no longer "Run as Administator"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer "Run as Administator": Hi, I just updated Win10 on my machine. It took well over an hour to run, and has added quite a nice selection of features. The minor (not!) problem though, as now I can't "Run as Administrator"! I see the option when right clicking the program, but if I click on it...