Windows 10: Is there a way to set the file properties that you want to display by default in file explorer?

Discus and support Is there a way to set the file properties that you want to display by default in file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop on Windows 10. In all my photo folders, by default it shows the "Date" property, but it's blank on all my photos. All my photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pingusbeak, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Is there a way to set the file properties that you want to display by default in file explorer?

I just got a new laptop on Windows 10. In all my photo folders, by default it shows the "Date" property, but it's blank on all my photos. All my photos are iPhone photos, which use the "Date Taken" property.

So every time I want to sort any folder by Date, I have to go into folder properties and select Date Taken so it appears. Is there any way for Date Taken to be a selected field in all folders by default?

submitted by /u/pingusbeak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pingusbeak, Jan 10, 2021

2. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 10, 2021
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. Billb1111 Win User

Is there a way to set the file properties that you want to display by default in file explorer?

Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Thanks for your suggestion.

As "recommended for Windows 10", "Photos" is the default app for "Photo viewer" (.jpg isn't really listed as the file extension in the settings).

Do you have another app you would suggest?

By the way, my photos open and display just fine, the issue is the general absence of thumbnails in File Explorer.

Billb1111, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to set the file properties that you want to display by default in file explorer?

1. Is there a way to set the file properties that you want to display by default in file explorer? - Similar Threads - set file properties

2. how to set default setting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set default setting in File Explorer: I want File Explorer to have a default setting for ALL folders as shown highlighted in the screen print, In addition when I want to open or save a file I want the file listing to be in name order, not date....
  3. how to set default setting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set default setting in File Explorer: I want File Explorer to have a default setting for ALL folders as shown highlighted in the screen print, In addition when I want to open or save a file I want the file listing to be in name order, not date....
  4. Set D:\ as File Explorer Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set D:\ as File Explorer Default: PC / Windows 10 - C:\ is operating systemD:\ partition is my file systemAttempting to set File Explorer default so it always shows D:\ files;Presently, Windows offers only "Quick Access" or whatever it's called or "My PC" default settings typical limited MS thinking and there...
  5. Set D:\ as File Explorer Default

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Set D:\ as File Explorer Default: PC / Windows 10 - C:\ is operating systemD:\ partition is my file systemAttempting to set File Explorer default so it always shows D:\ files;Presently, Windows offers only "Quick Access" or whatever it's called or "My PC" default settings typical limited MS thinking and there...
  6. Are You Sure You Want to Copy This File Without its Properties?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are You Sure You Want to Copy This File Without its Properties?: Hi,I searched for an issue the same as the one I face but was unable to find one.I am moving a pdf file from my desktop Windows 10 Home to a folder in my f drive, both on the same laptop. The laptop is as it was from the factory, bar a few programmes being added, the drive is...
  7. File Explorer Default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Default settings: When I open File Explorer for the first time I want to control what it displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-default-settings/bab1ad48-2bd1-44ca-bc3c-03b61bd46647
  8. How to eliminate the default graphical display of properties info in File Explorer

How to eliminate the default graphical display of properties info in File Explorer: File Explorer shows the properties of the file or folder within which it is working at the right side of the display. I believe this started showing up after a recent Windows update. For me, this adds no value to the display and only serves to take up space. It's essentially...
  9. is there a way to default file explore to sorting by date

is there a way to default file explore to sorting by date: When I download a file and go to email I would like the files to be organized by date (todays date) is that possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-default-file-explore-to-sorting/10b9d017-9323-44df-8fcb-6d5d1e49da16"
  10. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...