Windows 10: Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?

Discus and support Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I like to switch depending on if people are nearby me or not and I probably switch between my monitor and headset alot more than the average person. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UsedSpaghetti-O, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?

I like to switch depending on if people are nearby me or not and I probably switch between my monitor and headset alot more than the average person. Is there a way to set up a hotkey so I don't have to keep opening menus?

submitted by /u/UsedSpaghetti-O
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UsedSpaghetti-O, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Cybie1111 Win User

Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Aug 12, 2020
  3. ZSRunner Win User
    Audio switching unexpectedly from headset to speakers on PC.

I've recently run into a problem that is more of a minor annoyance than a real problem. But, sometimes when I am playing a game or watching a video on my computer, the sound will switch from my headset, a logitec usb headset, to my speakers. I've tried
    to determine if this is some kind of hotkey that I don't know about, but have yet to find any solutions to the problem.

Often times it will switch unexpectedly for just a few moments and then switch back. I've checked the lines for my USB headset and everything looks to be in good condition.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

ZSRunner, Aug 12, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset? :p

cadaveca, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?

1. Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset? - Similar Threads - setup hotkey switch

2. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  3. Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?: I have just purcahsed some Edifier s880db speakers for my computer windows 10 lenovo legion laptop. They connect via bluetooth currently but can also connect via USB. When I plug my headphones into the AUX output of the laptop, the music continues to come from the speakers....
  4. Audio mixer switching between headset and monitor rapidly.

Audio mixer switching between headset and monitor rapidly.: I've disabled everything but the headset in sound settings, but no luck. When I open the mixer, it looks like it having a seizure between monitor/headset still. Never had this issue before, and not sure what to try. submitted by /u/Yeahiwasder4dat [link] [comments]...
  5. Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors

Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors: For our business set up we use a switcher to change monitors between different 2 different desks. We use the monitor speakers instead of having additional clutter. The problem is that when we switch the main monitor A to the secondary monitor B it will automatically change to...
  6. *SOLUTION* how to switch between a headset and speaker without unplugging one device.

*SOLUTION* how to switch between a headset and speaker without unplugging one device.: I had an issue where “Speakers Real High Definition Audio represented both my headset and my speakers. It was super frustrating because I had to always unplug my headset when I wanted to enjoy some music on my speakers. its an easy fix, just click the “^” arrow on the...
  7. Hotkey to swap between default speakers and usb headset

Hotkey to swap between default speakers and usb headset: Win10 playback devices will not let me use both devices to hear thru. Only the device selected as 'default' will push sound out. So, I am looking for a way to simply switch devices, a hotkey, shortcut, or even a Powershell script. It would be cool to have it on the context...
  8. Is there a simple way (hotkey) to switch audio output?

Is there a simple way (hotkey) to switch audio output?: I have heard of sound switch and the like but they only change default audio device and some games and itunes will not follow the default device but will stay with the one they were opened in. Is there a way to maybe enable and disable a device with a shortcut? Any other...
  9. Win 10 not switching between speaker and headset automatically

Win 10 not switching between speaker and headset automatically: Recently, after a win patch this problem occured. When I boot the computer it recognizes any sound output device (headset or speaker if plugged in, default laptop speaker if nothing is plugged in) and sticks with it until restart. So if it booted with a plugged in speaker,...
  10. Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ?: Hi, So my current step has 2 windows 10 PC and two monitors. PC-A (my old one) is connected to 2 monitors while PC-B (the gamer one) is only connected to monitor B I frequently end up taping the "switch source" button in monitor B to go from PC-A to PC-B or vice...