Windows 10: Is there a way to show desktop items on secondary monitor?

Discus and support Is there a way to show desktop items on secondary monitor? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 with 2 monitors in extension mode; when I download, copy/paste a file, or create a link to the desktop it goes directly on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alext92, May 8, 2021.

1. alext92 Win User

Is there a way to show desktop items on secondary monitor?

Hi, I have Windows 10 with 2 monitors in extension mode; when I download, copy/paste a file, or create a link to the desktop it goes directly on the primary monitor by default. It will be useful for me if there was a way to make those files moved directly on second monitor instead. Does anyone have any idea to achieve this? exept switching monitor 1 to 2, I need this configuration

:)

alext92, May 8, 2021

2. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

ok decided to reopen in the hopes someone might have a solution for a new issues i noticed. when i do a restart the secondary monitor takes over, and not until windows is about to go to the desktop does the secondary monitor turn off and the primary display turn on. i would think there is some way to make the default monitor stay on during a reboot. any suggestion would be great. thanks

main monitor dvi to hdmi on video card
    secondary monitor dvi to dvi

xXWhackerXx, May 8, 2021
  3. Taskbar on Multiple Monitors - Can I put the System Tray on the primary monitor while the Show Desktop button is on the secondary monitor?

I need the System Tray, or at least the majority of the icons from it, to be on my primary monitor and the Show Desktop button to be on my secondary monitor. I would not mind if each were on both simultaneously, or just separate, but I can't figure out
    a way to do either.

StygianEmperor, May 8, 2021
  4. Is there a way to show desktop items on secondary monitor?

Unable to interact with the content on the secondary monitor

I have three monitors plugged into a evga GTX 1060 ACX 2.0, the system is running latest Windows 10 pro.

Every night I put the computer to sleep. Occasionally, and more frequently the past week, I wake the computer in the morning to find very strange behavior:

• Whatever monitor is my main display works perfectly
    • Secondary monitors turn on and show the last content they had (any open browsers, programs, etc)
    • I can move my mouse into the secondary screens and see it moving around just fine
    • When I click or do any kind of interaction on those screen, the visuals do not update (again, mouse around moving is fine)
      • Click a window, the window focus never shows; scroll or press a button on a website, doesn't show any changes; click the Windows button, menu doesn't open
    • However, I can still interact with the screens despite not being able to see what I'm changing
      • Drag a window off the screen and it magically appears on the main display; press the 1-Click buy on an Amazon item, receive it 2-5 business days later
    • Changing the main display changes the screen I can interact with
    • Mucking with the resolution of the secondary monitors does not fix the issue but it does update their visuals
    • Display driver details:
      • Date: 2018-11-12
      • Version: 25.21.14.1694
    • I am in the process of downloading NVidia 2019 drivers to see if that helps

The only fix I've found so far (with my limited experience debugging display issues) is restarting the computer. Help!

***Modified title from: Secondary display content is frozen, can still see mouse and "interact" with frozen windows***

sean.hudson, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to show desktop items on secondary monitor?

1. Is there a way to show desktop items on secondary monitor? - Similar Threads - show desktop items

2. How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop: Hello, I've been having this issue for a while now and finally thought to ask how to change it here.Right now I am working with 2 monitors. Often times I want to paste a file onto the desktop of my secondary monitor, but whenever I do that, the file moves to my primary...
  3. Some menu items in Chrome not working on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some menu items in Chrome not working on secondary monitor: Hi I have an Alienware M15 R4 laptop. I run two external monitors on the device. I have an intermittent problem where the Chrome browser on the second monitor will not allow me to click certain menu items both in the browser itself and on some website. For example I have a...
  4. Some menu items in Chrome not working on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some menu items in Chrome not working on secondary monitor: Hi I have an Alienware M15 R4 laptop. I run two external monitors on the device. I have an intermittent problem where the Chrome browser on the second monitor will not allow me to click certain menu items both in the browser itself and on some website. For example I have a...
  5. Dual Monitor Saved Files on Desktop to Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Saved Files on Desktop to Secondary Monitor: Hey guys, I always have programs like Photoshop and others open on the Main Monitor and its really annoying to minimize the programs to open stuff on the desktop. I want them to be saved automatically to the secondary monitor. I tried Fences but it's really a clunky program...
  6. Desktop moved from primary to secondary monitor (by a ghost??)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop moved from primary to secondary monitor (by a ghost??): I have a Gigabyte P27 laptop with a Dell U2913WM monitor attached via VGA connector and a Samsung TV connected via HDMI. I use extended desktop and the Dell is set as Main Display. The built in monitor is disabled. The configuration is, from left to right, Dell (3), TV (2),...
  7. Desktop moved from primary to secondary monitor (by a ghost??)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop moved from primary to secondary monitor (by a ghost??): I have a Gigabyte P27 laptop with a Dell U2913WM monitor attached via VGA connector and a Samsung TV connected via HDMI. I use extended desktop and the Dell is set as Main Display. The built in monitor is disabled. The configuration is, from left to right, Dell (3), TV (2),...
  8. My secondary monitor is not showing the full display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My secondary monitor is not showing the full display: The display is in full resolution yet it is not displaying correctly, a part of the display is not showing [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-secondary-monitor-is-not-showing-the-full/6692d433-0afa-4536-bede-bf99085c0df2
  9. Secondary drive folders in root are showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary drive folders in root are showing on desktop: I'm having an issue where folders stored at the root of my secondary drive (W: in my case) are displaying on the desktop. For example, if I have a directory called W:\foo, a folder named 'foo' will show up on my desktop. The Properties window shows the location correctly...
  10. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...