Windows 10: Is there a way to show more detailed size info for drives larger than 1 TB in file explorer?

Discus and support Is there a way to show more detailed size info for drives larger than 1 TB in file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Example: https://i.imgur.com/XSOZD6A.png I'd like it to say 1145 GB or whatever it is. The cutoff after 2 digits after the decimal is annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RayzTheRoof, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Is there a way to show more detailed size info for drives larger than 1 TB in file explorer?

/u/RayzTheRoof, Mar 1, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

Is there a way to show more detailed size info for drives larger than 1 TB in file explorer? [​IMG]

Here is a mp3 file with just Title (Concerto Gregoriano) and Composer in its metadata.
    1. In file explorer, I created a new file on my desktop and copied the mp3 file to it.
    As you can see, it is listed with date, size. The folder is a general format type, not music.
    Please try that.

2. To the right, mp3tag, a free utility, shows the metadata in the file.
    You might find it useful to get mp3tag.
    3. Rt click, Properties, Details, shows the Title as part of the metadata. (Composer is off the screen).

I suggest you make sure your mp3's do indeed contain metadata.

(Sorry the Window titles are faint- they are background, but should be clearer)

dalchina, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    File Explorer way off in showing folder size

File Explorer can only count the size of the files in folders that you have permissions for. TreeSize Free when run as administrator can see everything.

From the sizes listed in your screenshots, it would appear you only have permissions for the D:\Caroline 2019.02.06\Documents folder.

Bree, Mar 1, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Is there a way to show more detailed size info for drives larger than 1 TB in file explorer?

adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

There seems to be a minimum size which is pre-defined, you cannot make it smaller. The preview and details pane size is set by the DetailsContainerSizer binary value in the Registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\GlobalSettings\Sizer

I do not know of way to make the thumbnail larger in the details pane. It is larger in the preview pane.

philc43, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to show more detailed size info for drives larger than 1 TB in file explorer?

1. Is there a way to show more detailed size info for drives larger than 1 TB in file explorer? - Similar Threads - show more detailed

2. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  3. Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.: I am running Windows 10 Home. Some files in a folder are showing excessively higher size on my drive 14.8 TB. The drive is actually just 110 GB in size. Apparently, it's not creating any issue except that if I need to transfer that folder to another place, I can't because of...
  4. Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.: I am running Windows 10 Home. Some files in a folder are showing excessively higher size on my drive 14.8 TB. The drive is actually just 110 GB in size. Apparently, it's not creating any issue except that if I need to transfer that folder to another place, I can't because of...
  5. Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. More than 1 Avatar to choose in Settings > Your Info

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than 1 Avatar to choose in Settings > Your Info: Hello, so I can't rly think why I've got into this situation. There are no local account and I only use this 1 account. How can I possibly have 3 different choices with 3 different pictures on the same email? Regards....
  7. Windows 10 and hard drive larger than 2 TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and hard drive larger than 2 TB: I installed a 4 Tb hard drive on a HP computer. Windows Professional, 64-bit. It works fine, but leave me with a 2 Tb unallocated section. I tried twice to change from MBR to GTP, and both times it failed to boot and I had to reinstall windows each time. I can't use...
  8. How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?: I can only see date modified. submitted by /u/limberwisk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2afk/how_to_show_folder_size_in_details_pane_in_file/
  9. File size larger than physical drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File size larger than physical drive storage: Can some one please explain this to me. I need to access the photos but windows keeps telling me i don't have enough space. I only have 80Gb drive but the photo folder i am trying to open is showing 8Tb. Can anyone help me fix this without losing the photos. Each...
  10. File Explorer way off in showing folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer way off in showing folder size: [img] File Explorer shows size as 2.11GB while alternate program TreeSize Free shows the true size of 128.9GB. 126798