Windows 10: Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating?

Discus and support Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I sent feedback on this issue to the Windows 10 Feedback Hub. I would like to be able to shutdown Windows 10 when an update is shown in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JackPlatt, Jun 13, 2019.

1. JackPlatt Win User

Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating?

Hey Guys,

I sent feedback on this issue to the Windows 10 Feedback Hub. I would like to be able to shutdown Windows 10 when an update is shown in the Start Button Power Options, but you can't do that currently. Options are:

• Sleep
    • Update and Restart
    • Update and Shutdown

Shutdown (Without updating) This last one is needed, badly and is missing, currently.

I want to be able to in the event of threatening storms, have the option to Shutdown my Windows 10 PC without updating. Yesterday, despite great weather, we had a commercial power failure for three hours. Just like that. Updates were in the query. System did a scan disk upon restoration of power,, and I also did a manual scan when power came back and everything was OK, but I was forced to take the update, due to an unexpected power failure. Windows 10 needs a quick way to shut down without worrying about updating for reasons like these,

Jack

:)

JackPlatt, Jun 13, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

GhostRyder, Jun 13, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating?

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating? - Similar Threads - Shut Down Update

2. Please wait for the GPSVC when shutting down Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Please wait for the GPSVC when shutting down Windows computer: [IMG]If you receive the message Please wait for the GPSVC when shutting down the Windows computer, it simply means that the Group Policy service is taking longer than expected to update the settings and complete its tasks. But at times, your computer may regularly see this...
  3. Windows 11 shuts down for update without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shuts down for update without warning: Windows 11 shut down while editing an important file without warning. Please help me fix this bug. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-shuts-down-for-update-without-warning/aa687bf8-be7f-47d5-b733-5dab13dd75b0
  4. Windows 11 shuts down for update without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shuts down for update without warning: Windows 11 shut down while editing an important file without warning. Please help me fix this bug. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-shuts-down-for-update-without-warning/aa687bf8-be7f-47d5-b733-5dab13dd75b0
  5. Is there a way to initiate hibernation without shutting the PC down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to initiate hibernation without shutting the PC down?: Because of terrible power services in my area (and the lack of an inverter / power backup solution), I've lost important work on my PC thrice today each time the power went out. So I started wondering if it was possible to initiate something like Hibernation, make Windows...
  6. Shutting down Windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shutting down Windows 10 without updating: Is there any way to shut down Windows 10 without updating? As I am affected by the cold weather and have rolling blackouts, I need to know if there's any way to safely shut my computer down without updating in the event one is pending. Having to hold the power button to shut...
  7. Windows shutting down when there is pending update

Windows shutting down when there is pending update: My laptop Asus R541U was working fine until one days it gets suddenly off while using. The next few days i worked fine....and then it goes on. it continued for a while and the period between 'sudden off' became close. I asked many of my friends and they gave reply as may...
  8. Windows 10: waiting for programs to close when shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: waiting for programs to close when shutting down: Hello. In Windows 10 I have a problem using the GoodSync backup program.GoodSync is set to run backup when the system shuts down. In Windows 7, everything worked OK - the system started to shut down but waited for GoodSync to finish and then shut down.Now, however, the...
  9. Windows 10 Updates when shut down with power button

Windows 10 Updates when shut down with power button: If a user hits the power button to shut down, do the Windows 10 updates run just like when you shut down normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-when-shut-down-with-power/da410e3f-939d-4f1c-8a22-1ce53331e950
  10. Windows Updates when Shutting down

Windows Updates when Shutting down: Hello All I have noticed that for some reason when I start my laptop windows updates occur automatically. Before I could shutdown and then windows would start running updates and installations. Has this feature been changed or totally removed? It just seems to be such a...