Windows 10: Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating?

Discus and support Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I sent feedback on this issue to the Windows 10 Feedback Hub. I would like to be able to shutdown Windows 10 when an update is shown in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JackPlatt, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:57 AM.

1. JackPlatt Win User

Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating?

Hey Guys,

I sent feedback on this issue to the Windows 10 Feedback Hub. I would like to be able to shutdown Windows 10 when an update is shown in the Start Button Power Options, but you can't do that currently. Options are:

• Sleep
    • Update and Restart
    • Update and Shutdown

Shutdown (Without updating) This last one is needed, badly and is missing, currently.

I want to be able to in the event of threatening storms, have the option to Shutdown my Windows 10 PC without updating. Yesterday, despite great weather, we had a commercial power failure for three hours. Just like that. Updates were in the query. System did a scan disk upon restoration of power,, and I also did a manual scan when power came back and everything was OK, but I was forced to take the update, due to an unexpected power failure. Windows 10 needs a quick way to shut down without worrying about updating for reasons like these,

Jack

:)

2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

3. Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

4. user33331 Win User

Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating?

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

Thema:

1. Is There a way to Shut Down Windows 10 When an Update is Waiting Without Updating? - Similar Threads - Shut Down Update

2. Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down: When I shut-down my laptop (ASUS with Intel Core i5) the screen says that it is loading the update and then is supposed to shut-down the computer. However, it "loads" for as much as an hour with no shut down. Is there a way to make this stop happening? (I have shut down...
  3. windows shuts down for windows updates

windows shuts down for windows updates: This has happened maybe once a month where when I come in my office in the morning, my computer is shut off. When I start it, it looks like it is finishing an update. I checked my settings and they look correct. But maybe I missed something. Is there anything I should...
  4. Windows Updates when Shutting down

Windows Updates when Shutting down: Hello All I have noticed that for some reason when I start my laptop windows updates occur automatically. Before I could shutdown and then windows would start running updates and installations. Has this feature been changed or totally removed? It just seems to be such a...
  5. Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting down of Laptop after windows update: Good Evening, Why is it that every time Windows 10 updates on my laptop, it keeps cutting off until it eventually stops for itself? Technically it doesn't shut down but it goes to sleep. Diandre...
  6. Windows 10 laptop shuts down without notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop shuts down without notification: My windows 10 laptop shuts down without any notification. I have configured the Power Options to give a notification warning when the battery has reached 10% of its power. Sometimes this does work. But sometimes instead of giving a warning it shuts down the laptop when the...
  7. Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update: Since updating Windows last week, my laptop will consistently shut down a couple minutes after being turned on. The screen goes black and then the power and hard drive activity light turn off, which suggests it has shut down but when I power it back on all programs are still...
  8. Windows 10 shut down after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 shut down after updating: I've never enjoyed this before, but after Windows 10 updated, it shut down. That's a newbie for me. Is there a simple way for me to reverse that and have the computer simply reboot as before after the update? 101800
  9. Shut down and update in win10

Shut down and update in win10: Hello, I noticed the last couple of days I had an update ready (KB3081424), it needed a restart to finalize this update. Both days I had to many applications open and thought by myself it will update when I shut down the computer when I go the bed or am finished with the...
  10. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

Update and Shut down / Update and Restart: Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in...