Windows 10: Is there a way to 'sideload' an XBOX app onto Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way to 'sideload' an XBOX app onto Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, here I am, wanting to control many of my apps with a controller. Steam Big Picture and Playnite do a great job at this, even though Playnite needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ksitjar, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Is there a way to 'sideload' an XBOX app onto Windows 10?

So, here I am, wanting to control many of my apps with a controller.

Steam Big Picture and Playnite do a great job at this, even though Playnite needs some work. But these are Win32 applications. For UWP, I installed Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime video, etc. They all have apps on the XBOX that work well.

As I mentioned, I installed the UWP apps for these platforms, but none of them work with a controller. Netflix has VERY limited usability, the others none at all. Hulu used to have a Win32 application over 10 years ago that was remote-friendly but have been decommissioned.

Because there are Xbox variants of these apps that are, I'm assuming, UWP - are we able to install those? For a 10 foot UX, these work much better.

Any help is appreciated?

submitted by /u/ksitjar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ksitjar, Jul 10, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

How can I backup and sideload Windows universal apps?

Hello!

I know almost all Windows Universal apps and games are available at Windows Store, but it is not convenient to download many games one-by-one for each computer. Probably there is a way to extract the apps to APPX or EAPPX files (what is the difference?) and then sideload them from a USB Flash drive using PowerShell, but this is not very convenient. Is there any utility to do that the easy way with a mouse? I am mostly interested in the sideload part. I have seen some sites having available some Windows games in EAPPX or XAP format and I want to sideload them without having to download one-by-one from Windows Store. If I understand correctly XAP format is for Windows Phone apps. Can that be converted to APPX or EAPPX? Can I sideload it directly without conversion? Could you suggest any site to download windows games (free and legit of course)?

Thank you in advance

PS: I have downloaded APP Installer from Windows Store, but I don't see it available in my apps and when I double-click on an EAPPX file still ask me what application to open it with. The "search in store" option doesn't find any suitable application. Am I doing something wrong?

spapakons, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Sideloading on Windows phone 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

In Windows 10, sideloading is different than in earlier versions of Windows:

• You can unlock a device for sideloading using an enterprise policy, or through
      Settings

• License keys are not required

• Devices do not have to be joined to a domain

Sideload LOB apps in Windows 10

Sideload LOB apps in Windows 10 (Windows 10) - Windows Application Management

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Is there a way to 'sideload' an XBOX app onto Windows 10?

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to 'sideload' an XBOX app onto Windows 10?

1. Is there a way to 'sideload' an XBOX app onto Windows 10? - Similar Threads - 'sideload' XBOX app

2. I can not access regedit,; is there a way to sideload it onto a USB and run it from that?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not access regedit,; is there a way to sideload it onto a USB and run it from that?: I recently accessed my system registry via regedit attempting to change my main downloading drive. I changed the C:\ drives to D:\ drives and restarted my PC. When I rebooted the PC I was no longer able to access many functions and most programs from the C:\ drive. I thought...
  3. I can not access regedit,; is there a way to sideload it onto a USB and run it from that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not access regedit,; is there a way to sideload it onto a USB and run it from that?: I recently accessed my system registry via regedit attempting to change my main downloading drive. I changed the C:\ drives to D:\ drives and restarted my PC. When I rebooted the PC I was no longer able to access many functions and most programs from the C:\ drive. I thought...
  4. I can not access regedit,; is there a way to sideload it onto a USB and run it from that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sideload apps option not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sideload apps option not visible.: In order to update creative cloud, I have to turn on sideload apps, but this option is not visibile to me. Windows 10 Pro [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sideload-apps-option-not-visible/f1fb6549-b53d-49c7-ab78-8be0698bf0b9
  6. Limit Windows 10 sideloading source

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Limit Windows 10 sideloading source: Hi Everyone. We develop internal applications in .NET and are changing over to APPX/MSIX installations for deployment. We would like to avoid using any kind of internal Store using sideloading. We would obviously have to allow non-admins the ability to do so via group...
  7. How to Enable "Sideload Apps" Option

How to Enable "Sideload Apps" Option: I have an issue where I am trying to enable "Sideload apps" in the developer features. These developer features are greyed out because apparently the settings are managed by an organization. This is not true as this is my own PC and I am the only user. I am using Windows 10...
  8. sideload apps

sideload apps: I live 3 states away from my mother. I was trying to get the sideload apps option turned on, on her new laptop so i could download and use teamveiwer to remote control her computer to fix it if need be. When she goes into the developer settings to turn on "side load apps"...
  9. Why sideload apps is turned on by default?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why sideload apps is turned on by default?: So I after a security breach on my network, I was looking through my pc settings and found that in the "for developer" option in 'Update and security', sideload apps is turned on. I also found the same thing on another pc in same network. Both were running on Windows 10 pro....
  10. Trouble logging onto the Xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble logging onto the Xbox app: I can't log onto the xbox app. Has been this way for about a day. It only happens on my Windows 10 laptop, and not my phone, which also has the xbox app. It says I'm not signed in, I try to sign in, and it says I need to "connect to the internet". When I just tried it, I had...