Windows 10: Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path

Discus and support Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to rename the user folder and I made a mistake when I was changing the ProfileImagePath using Registry Editor somehow I wrote only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pjarro, Nov 24, 2022.

1. pjarro Win User

Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path

I was trying to rename the user folder and I made a mistake when I was changing the ProfileImagePath using Registry Editor somehow I wrote only the name of the folder and not the path and I haven't noticed that. So now I'm always being signed into a temporary account and can't access my account and change this. This is my only account on this computer and I want to know is there any way to access it again?

:)

pjarro, Nov 24, 2022

2. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path

1. Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path - Similar Threads - sign account incorrect

2. Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in: Unable to sign in due to incorrect pin and shutdowns Not true . I know my pin and did not shutdown incorrectly This started yesterday just randomly . I waited 2 hours to login . This morning the same Microsoft error . Please fix . I cannot work because of this ....
  3. Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed sign in attempt when it’s not an incorrect sign in: Unable to sign in due to incorrect pin and shutdowns Not true . I know my pin and did not shutdown incorrectly This started yesterday just randomly . I waited 2 hours to login . This morning the same Microsoft error . Please fix . I cannot work because of this ....
  4. "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect: I tried to to sign in to microsoft account instead from my local account, but the password that I was sure of was correct is incorrect. It works on apps and websites because of my PIN, but it does not recognize my password. Any idea how to fix this?...
  5. "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect: I tried to to sign in to microsoft account instead from my local account, but the password that I was sure of was correct is incorrect. It works on apps and websites because of my PIN, but it does not recognize my password. Any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to sign to an account with incorrect path: I was trying to rename the user folder and I made a mistake when I was changing the ProfileImagePath using Registry Editor somehow I wrote only the name of the folder and not the path and I haven't noticed that. So now I'm always being signed into a temporary account and...
  7. Sign-in is blocked You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sign-in is blocked You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or...: Error: Sign-in with _________ is blocked for one of these reasons: Someone entered the wrong password too many times. If you signed up for this account through an organization, you might not be able to use it. I'm not sure what is going on. I basically just changed my...
  8. password is incorrect at sign on

password is incorrect at sign on: Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the...
  9. Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties: In Properties for my N drive, the network path ends in \d, not \n - how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-network-path-in-drive-properties/15a1a878-7104-4027-afe9-2f4f1b6d74d8
  10. Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect

Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect: For the last couple of weeks I have been having the following issue: Whenever I try to sign in to my laptop (with my MS account) it says 'password incorrect'. I am 100% sure the password is correct and I have changed it already 2 times on my MS account to try and resolve...