Windows 10: Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

Discus and support Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to skip *.arw files in Windows Photo Viewer since I shoot in RAW and JPG on my camera. The "Linked duplicates" function doesn't work for ARW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LuculentMilk551, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

I'm trying to skip *.arw files in Windows Photo Viewer since I shoot in RAW and JPG on my camera. The "Linked duplicates" function doesn't work for ARW files, so I was wondering if there is something I can do to skip RAW/ARW files since they take a couple seconds to load and scrolling through my images quickly is basically unusable.

:)

LuculentMilk551, Aug 31, 2019

2. Can not view arw file on Windows 10

Hi Marktrivett,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What exactly happen when you to try to view the ARW file?

• Which application are you using to view the ARW file?
    The ARW file extension stands for "Sony Alpha Raw", and is therefore a Sony RAW Image file. To open an ARW file double-click on the file and let your PC decide which default application should open the file. The photos program that comes pre-installed
    with Microsoft Windows is able to open ARW files. If no program opens the ARW file then you probably don't have an application installed that can view ARW files. You can also try installing third party software to view the ARW file.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third
    Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Can not view arw file on Windows 10

So....back to the original poster's question...what software do I use to open these Sony ARW files? I have Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion laptop. I have not downloaded any extra software to this laptop. Microsoft cannot open this file with 1) "Photos", 2)
    "Windows Media Player", and 3) "Windows Photo Viewer." Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Microsoft app I can use to open the ARW files? I can open them with my iPhone.

MichelleCarletti, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

I recently bought a new Sony Mirrorless Camera that has .ARW RAW photo files. Windows 10 Photo viewer says "It looks like we don't support this file format" when I try to open them.

The strange thing is before I bought this new camera, I used a different Sony Mirrorless Camera that had the same .ARW photo files and it worked just fine.

More details:

Old camera: Sony a6000 (RAW files opened in photo viewer)

New Camera: Sony A7ii (RAW files won't open in photo viewer)

Thanks!

DaveWerwinski, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

1. Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer? - Similar Threads - skip arw files

2. File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos: I read in another thread that this is an issue with other software that I am using, but I can't make head nor tail of the error message. Is there someone that can help with this. It is driving me crazy. Using windows 10. I believe it is all up to date. Source Windows...
  3. .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer: Hi all, I'm having an issue viewing some .tiffs in Windows Photo Viewer. When I open the image, the preview is the correct color. However, when the image finishes loading, it turns the entire window pink. I've tried correcting the color profile through the Color Management...
  4. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos: I have had this happen on two machines. I have read nearly hundreds of blog posts and forums with many suggestions but nothing seems to work. I have done the Re-Register of Microsoft Apps (ALL of them) SFC /Scannow Uninstall and reinstall System Restore Change registry...
  6. Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I use to backup large files. Usually, I just drag and drop the folders from my laptop to the external drive and Windows gives me an option to skip duplicate files AFTER it copies the new files. That has been working fine but now I am...
  7. Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos

Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos: Hi. I'm an amateur photographer and I shoot all my images in RAW. When viewing them via Photos it loads the image but then changes after a few seconds. The brightness, contrast, and colours will change. I don't want it doing this, not only does it slow down browsing...
  8. Any way to get the Windows Photo Viewer & Windows Live Photo Gallery?

Any way to get the Windows Photo Viewer & Windows Live Photo Gallery?: I recently purchased a new laptop (Dell Inspirion 17 5000 series) and I am so upset to see that Windows 10 does not have the Windows Photo Viewer or the Windows Live Photo Gallery- these two programs offer ways of printing photos (such as printing 2 4x6 or 5x7 pics on one...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order

Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order: The Windows Photo Viewer will not display photos in the order they are sorted by Windows Explorer. This is not referring to the slide show feature, just the forward and back arrows. The only order pictures can be viewed is by name despite Windows Explorer being set at view...
  10. DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer

DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer: How can I get DNG files to open with Windows Photo Viewer? 57546