Windows 10: Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

Discus and support Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to skip *.arw files in Windows Photo Viewer since I shoot in RAW and JPG on my camera. The "Linked duplicates" function doesn't work for ARW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LuculentMilk551, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

I'm trying to skip *.arw files in Windows Photo Viewer since I shoot in RAW and JPG on my camera. The "Linked duplicates" function doesn't work for ARW files, so I was wondering if there is something I can do to skip RAW/ARW files since they take a couple seconds to load and scrolling through my images quickly is basically unusable.

:)

LuculentMilk551, Aug 31, 2019

2. Can not view arw file on Windows 10

Hi Marktrivett,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What exactly happen when you to try to view the ARW file?

• Which application are you using to view the ARW file?
    The ARW file extension stands for "Sony Alpha Raw", and is therefore a Sony RAW Image file. To open an ARW file double-click on the file and let your PC decide which default application should open the file. The photos program that comes pre-installed
    with Microsoft Windows is able to open ARW files. If no program opens the ARW file then you probably don't have an application installed that can view ARW files. You can also try installing third party software to view the ARW file.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third
    Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Can not view arw file on Windows 10

So....back to the original poster's question...what software do I use to open these Sony ARW files? I have Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion laptop. I have not downloaded any extra software to this laptop. Microsoft cannot open this file with 1) "Photos", 2)
    "Windows Media Player", and 3) "Windows Photo Viewer." Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Microsoft app I can use to open the ARW files? I can open them with my iPhone.

MichelleCarletti, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

I recently bought a new Sony Mirrorless Camera that has .ARW RAW photo files. Windows 10 Photo viewer says "It looks like we don't support this file format" when I try to open them.

The strange thing is before I bought this new camera, I used a different Sony Mirrorless Camera that had the same .ARW photo files and it worked just fine.

More details:

Old camera: Sony a6000 (RAW files opened in photo viewer)

New Camera: Sony A7ii (RAW files won't open in photo viewer)

Thanks!

DaveWerwinski, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

1. Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer? - Similar Threads - skip arw files

2. Why does window photos viewer skip back to the first photo when pressing next on a photo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does window photos viewer skip back to the first photo when pressing next on a photo...: I have issues with microsoft photo viewer. When I click the next photo it goes back to the start rather than the next photo. For example, if I click next on photo fourteen I get photo one rather than photo fifteen. It then goes photo one, photo two and so on. I had this issue...
  3. Why does window photos viewer skip back to the first photo when pressing next on a photo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does window photos viewer skip back to the first photo when pressing next on a photo...: I have issues with microsoft photo viewer. When I click the next photo it goes back to the start rather than the next photo. For example, if I click next on photo fourteen I get photo one rather than photo fifteen. It then goes photo one, photo two and so on. I had this issue...
  4. Why does Windows Photos skip back to a previously viewed photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Photos skip back to a previously viewed photo?: The Windows 10 Photo app sometimes skips back to a previously viewed photo when I'm flipping through my photos using the arrows on my keyboard. It seems to happen regardless of which way I'm flipping through them, whether it's using the right arrow to move forward or the left...
  5. Why does Windows Photos skip back to a previously viewed photo?

Why does Windows Photos skip back to a previously viewed photo?: The Windows 10 Photo app sometimes skips back to a previously viewed photo when I'm flipping through my photos using the arrows on my keyboard. It seems to happen regardless of which way I'm flipping through them, whether it's using the right arrow to move forward or the left...
  6. Why is my windows photo viewer skipping backwards several pics while viewing pics from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows photo viewer skipping backwards several pics while viewing pics from a...: Windows photo viewer is skipping backwards several pics while viewing pics from a folder. I'm using windows 10. The computer is only 3 years old. The problem started a few weeks ago.Haven't tried anything, I haven't a clue....
  7. Why is my windows photo viewer skipping backwards several pics while viewing pics from a...

Why is my windows photo viewer skipping backwards several pics while viewing pics from a...: Windows photo viewer is skipping backwards several pics while viewing pics from a folder. I'm using windows 10. The computer is only 3 years old. The problem started a few weeks ago.Haven't tried anything, I haven't a clue....
  8. Tags in ARW files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in ARW files: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I am trying to tag a large image library that I have from almost 20 years. I can tag JPGs directly in Windows Explorer. When it comes to Raw files, no such joy. I downloaded the Raw codec pack and also downloaded the Nikon and Sony drivers for RAW files....
  9. Windows photo viewer skips some pictures

Windows photo viewer skips some pictures: I am using the default photo viewer on Windows 10. I have been looking through thousands of photos. They are in folders in My Pictures, with about 400-1500 per folder. Especially with the bigger folders, it will show the first few photos fine, but eventually it will skip a...
  10. Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to skip duplicate files when copying?: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I use to backup large files. Usually, I just drag and drop the folders from my laptop to the external drive and Windows gives me an option to skip duplicate files AFTER it copies the new files. That has been working fine but now I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop windows 10 photo app loading arw file

2. stop windows photo app reading arw file