Windows 10: Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?

Discus and support Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to snip something that's shaped like a hexagon and it's pretty much impossible to keep a straight line with my mouse to snip it and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/H-OAP, Sep 16, 2020.

1. /u/H-OAP Win User

Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?

I'm trying to snip something that's shaped like a hexagon and it's pretty much impossible to keep a straight line with my mouse to snip it and still look good. I've searched all over and can't find an answer anywhere.

I hope this is allowed here, I can remove it if it's not relevant.

submitted by /u/H-OAP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/H-OAP, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Markg2 Win User

How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?

There was no posting option for the snipping tool so I posted the closest possible.

I don't think I need to click the snip tool icon to open Paint to get a straight highlight line?

I grab a screen shot with the snip tool. I choose the highlight tool but, unlike Word, the yellow highlight line does not snap straight but stays the crooked line that I draw.

Solution?

Mark

Markg2, Sep 16, 2020
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Sep 16, 2020
  4. CodeIt Win User

Windows snipping tool highlight straight

Windows snipping tool doesn't have any way to let us draw straight lines by pressing Shift. Windows Ink Workspace is another tool that supports snipping and drawing the snipped portion. It has a virtual ruler that helps us to draw straight lines.

To enable Windows Ink Workspace

To launch the workspace, click or tap the pen-shaped Windows Ink Workspace icon that appears in your notification area.

Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool? ugDJ8.jpg

Tap the "Screen sketch" block. It will be the third block in the list. It will automatically take a screenshot of your display and load it for your sketching.

Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool? i0amw.jpg

Navigate to the pen bar at the top right of the screen.

Select the ruler icon. This looks like a diagonal ruler.

Place the mouse on top of the ruler and use mouse scroll wheel to rotate and position the ruler.

Sample Sketch

Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool? 7L39G.png

Hope this helps.

CodeIt, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool? - Similar Threads - snip straight line

2. Snipping tool crashing on snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool crashing on snip: Hi Team, see subject, snipping tol is crashing when creating snips. Sometimes it works when right clicking and making a snip but most of the time it just crashes. HAve tried resetting and also repairing the app.using a Windows 11 Home install on an intel i3 computer.here is...
  3. Snipping tool crashing on snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool crashing on snip: Hi Team, see subject, snipping tol is crashing when creating snips. Sometimes it works when right clicking and making a snip but most of the time it just crashes. HAve tried resetting and also repairing the app.using a Windows 11 Home install on an intel i3 computer.here is...
  4. snipping tool

snipping tool: Snipping tool was one of my favorite apps, windows 11 has f#$%ed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/303499e9-62a8-43a3-a176-f6212833b6f6
  5. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  6. Snipping Tool Not Sending Snips

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool Not Sending Snips: Hello, Whenever I try to send a snip as either an attachment or in the body of an email, I receive the error "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail...
  7. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  8. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch: Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office to supplement the...
  9. How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?

How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?: There was no posting option for the snipping tool so I posted the closest possible. I don't think I need to click the snip tool icon to open Paint to get a straight highlight line? I grab a screen shot with the snip tool. I choose the highlight tool but, unlike Word, the...
  10. Cannot use snipping tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot use snipping tool: HI all : I click on the snipping tool that I have pinned to my task bar , It opens on the 4 th monitor , in a small box . I can't click new . see the picture . thanks . I would really like to have this feature back ... [img] 111445