Windows 10: is there a way to speed up updates while it is updating?

Discus and support is there a way to speed up updates while it is updating? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is in the right category but I have a windows 10 laptop. is there any way to speed updateswhile it is updating?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anonymous 597, Feb 21, 2020.

1. is there a way to speed up updates while it is updating?

I'm not sure if this is in the right category but I have a windows 10 laptop. is there any way to speed updateswhile it is updating?

:)

anonymous 597, Feb 21, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Feb 21, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 21, 2020
  4. is there a way to speed up updates while it is updating?

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

is there a way to speed up updates while it is updating?

1. is there a way to speed up updates while it is updating? - Similar Threads - speed updates while

2. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there a way to speed up account recovery?: So, I've been trying to sign into my Microsoft account on my new used windows 10 laptop. But apparently this caused some sort of issue with my account despite logging in at the same IP address. I've got work to do and can't really afford to wait the 30 days microsoft says it...
  3. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to speed up account recovery?: So, I've been trying to sign into my Microsoft account on my new used windows 10 laptop. But apparently this caused some sort of issue with my account despite logging in at the same IP address. I've got work to do and can't really afford to wait the 30 days microsoft says it...
  4. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ways to Speed up the security info update!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ways to Speed up the security info update!: Hello there,Recently, I changed my contact number on my Microsoft Account. Now, I would like to access the recovery keys aka.ms/myrecoverykey site for the Bitlocker keys as my drives are locked somehow. When I try to access this site, I'm getting the below window.I don't have...
  6. Ways to Speed up the security info update!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ways to Speed up the security info update!: Hello there,Recently, I changed my contact number on my Microsoft Account. Now, I would like to access the recovery keys aka.ms/myrecoverykey site for the Bitlocker keys as my drives are locked somehow. When I try to access this site, I'm getting the below window.I don't have...
  7. Best way to speed up computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to speed up computer.: I've been reading a lot about how windows 10 will get slower over time. What's the best way to speed the computer up again? I've seen a lot about how you should reinstall windows, but I would prefer another option. submitted by /u/FeenixFobia [link] [comments]...
  8. Are there ways to speed up Sudoku?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there ways to speed up Sudoku?: Hi. Sudoku is running very slowly. I noticed it works for a little while right after the add changes, but then it stops working for several seconds. It is very annoying and reduces the time to complete an expert puzzle. Is there anything I can do to make it go faster, as...
  9. Best way to speed up PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to speed up PC?: What’s the best way to speed up a slow PC without using any of the conventional methods, i.e. downloading optimizers, disk cleanup, restore/factory reset, etc.? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Steve 114916
  10. Found a way to update defender manually while Updates paused

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Found a way to update defender manually while Updates paused: Win 10 Pro 1703- I have paused updates, but I still want to have Defender updates installed. -When paused is on, the system does not check for updates at least not immediately from what I can see. -So now while updates are paused I go to.............. -Start2-Windows...