Windows 10: Is there a way to stop an app from preventing sleep mode without disabling it on Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way to stop an app from preventing sleep mode without disabling it on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want to have an app open while I'm at work, but it only needs to be on for 2-3 hours. This app is preventing sleep mode for sure, but is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Eirynn, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Eirynn Win User

Is there a way to stop an app from preventing sleep mode without disabling it on Windows 10?

I want to have an app open while I'm at work, but it only needs to be on for 2-3 hours. This app is preventing sleep mode for sure, but is there any way or any setting I can change so that it doesn't prevent my laptop from sleeping at all?

I don't want the app to be disabled in any way if possible, but setting the sleep timer doesn't help when this app is open

:)

Eirynn, Feb 6, 2021

2. Sleep mode does not disable on Windows 10

I have the same issues:

• I have all the updates.
    • I disabled sleep in every way possible (please don't offer instructions on how to disable sleep...I already did this).
    • After about two minutes of inactivity, the computer enters sleep mode.
    • One way that I found to prevent this from happening is by running Amazon's music app and a playlist. While the playlist is running, the computer doesn't enter sleep mode.
    I know I'm not the only one with this issue and have seen requests for help on various websites. What's frustrating is that the responses typically include the standard instructions for disabling sleep mode, which doesn't work.

Gary A DePaul, Feb 6, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Windows 10 Preventing Sleep Mode

If you don't have sleep option available, check BIOS/UEFI settings. Disable S4-S5 mode and drop back to S3. Reboot and sleep should be available.

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2021
  4. cdubski Win User

Is there a way to stop an app from preventing sleep mode without disabling it on Windows 10?

backup scan prevents sleep mode

Using WIndows 10, my PC stopped automatically (or manually) entering sleep mode. Using the Powercfg /waketimers command in command mode, it is revealed that a service, backup scan is preventing sleep mode. However, backup mode is turned off.

Any idea what is causing this Backup Scan scheduling, or how to turn it off? Thanks.

cdubski, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Is there a way to stop an app from preventing sleep mode without disabling it on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - stop app preventing

2. Is there a way to stop a device locking when it goes to sleep without disabling the sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to stop a device locking when it goes to sleep without disabling the sleep...: Hi at work we have some PCs around the venue that are used as kiosks, currently they sit on 24/7. We are investigating a way that they will sleep when not in use but can resume when the screen is tapped.Currently they automatically lock when the device sleeps but as expected...
  3. Is there a way to stop a device locking when it goes to sleep without disabling the sleep...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to stop a device locking when it goes to sleep without disabling the sleep...: Hi at work we have some PCs around the venue that are used as kiosks, currently they sit on 24/7. We are investigating a way that they will sleep when not in use but can resume when the screen is tapped.Currently they automatically lock when the device sleeps but as expected...
  4. Is there a way to stop a device locking when it goes to sleep without disabling the sleep...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows 10: Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting Wifi.

Windows 10: Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting Wifi.: I have HP Pavilion eg-0104tx with windows 10. Whenever my Laptop goes to sleep automatically or manually, my laptop disconnects wifi connection. once I start the laptop again, it connects to wifi again. I have tried to find the power options but to no avail. I have also...
  6. Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode: Errors Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance On Battery The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes. System Availability Requests:Execution Required Request The program has made a...
  7. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet: Is there a way for my PC doesn't disconnect from the ethernet while in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting-ethernet/db290e53-a5db-49d6-840d-7c0987db2710
  8. app preventing windows from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    app preventing windows from going to sleep: hi all, i use an app called ISPY to monitor cameras on my cctv dvr, now the problem is, this app is meant to be used as a server. I don't use it as such and would like to disable the ability it has to not let the PC sleep. is there a way I can disable "wake" for some app and...
  9. Prevent Windows 10 Sleep Mode

Prevent Windows 10 Sleep Mode: Monitor Turns Off Automatically Computer goes to sleep automatically Goto start > settings > system > Power and sleep To turn off monitor sleep mode Under the screen section 1. Set On battery power, turn off after "Never" Note: Battery Charger removed 2. Set When...
  10. Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet

Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet: How do I prevent windows 10 from disconnecting my pc when it goes to sleep. see settings below [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting/37583727-30ea-4138-8444-721c1e7bc79e