Windows 10: Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

Discus and support Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently, I added two family members to the PC I'm still the admin while they're standard users. Today I found out that the other members can not only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by teaandcatlover, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

Recently, I added two family members to the PC I'm still the admin while they're standard users. Today I found out that the other members can not only access the apps I installed, but the apps also directly automatically log them into my profile, even if it's on their account. I already tried the registry method, but, while everything was correct, the effects just didn't take place even after restarting. Is there an alternative method to stop this from happening? If no, any idea how to make regedit take effect? P.S. I did confirm all my actions on regedit and even double-checked

:)

teaandcatlover, Feb 20, 2023
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Feb 20, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 20, 2023
  4. joeninet Win User

Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

Family Settings - Unable to download apps & Games

My Family account has already been set up (www.windowsphone.com/family) and he is listed as a Family Member and I have allowed that he can access 'free & paid apps'.

My Son is still unable to download apps.

The wiki is not useful as all the steps were completed prior to me posting the question.

joeninet, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

1. Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps? - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft allowing

2. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  3. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  4. Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?: Recently, I added two family members to the PC I'm still the admin while they're standard users. Today I found out that the other members can not only access the apps I installed, but the apps also directly automatically log them into my profile, even if it's on their...
  5. Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?: Recently, I added two family members to the PC I'm still the admin while they're standard users. Today I found out that the other members can not only access the apps I installed, but the apps also directly automatically log them into my profile, even if it's on their...
  6. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  7. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  8. Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members

Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members: Can an app purchased on Microsoft store by me then be installed on my children's Windows 10 PCs? They are members of my Microsoft Family. I purchased Minecraft Dungeons and my children, logged in with their Microsoft accounts on their own devices, were able to download the...
  9. Microsoft won't allow me to add a family member

Microsoft won't allow me to add a family member: Hi Microsoft wont allow me to add a family member. I bought and set up a Family Microsoft 365 account for us to share and use Office. My daughter was added instantly. My son keeps getting a "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page...
  10. How to only allow Microsoft family members access to network folder on LAN?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to only allow Microsoft family members access to network folder on LAN?: 2 Windows 10 Pro PCs on local LAN Each logged in to separate Microsoft accounts that are considered same "family" on Microsoft.com Would like to share folder using password-protected credentials Added other-pc account to folder's permissions (i.e., account's email address...