Windows 10: Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10)

Discus and support Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RZAXs_bench [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RZAXs_bench, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10)

/u/RZAXs_bench, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Ryu_1818 Win User

GPU memory availbility on Windows 10.

1. We are using an API to check Current GPU memory usage.

cudaError_t cudaMemGetInfo( size_t* free, size_t* total)

When we compare usage value returning this API with nvidia-smi.exe result.

it's different.

Windows 7 gives us the same result, but Window 10 gives us different value.

please let me know the reason and how to get exact memory usage status on Windows 10.

2. It seems like we can't use GPU memory fully on Window 10.

There wasn't any limitation on Window 7.

So We can't run our Program since upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7. ( HW condition is same and we are using Geforce 1080 GPU.)

please let us know the way to use GPU memory fully on Windows 10.

Ryu_1818, Mar 25, 2020
  3. .mirage Win User
    Bootcamp Windows 10 keeps showing ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

Recently got bootcamp for Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15. Bootcamp successfully installed and launched. Left it to idle for a bit and when I came back it had shut down my Macbook. Turning it back on I saw the Windows Logo, then the
    loading wheel suddenly stopped and then took me to a blue screen, showing the error code "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR". Then it restarted, with the same thing happening. I waited for several restarts, but the same thing happened each time. MacOS still runs fine, it's
    just the bootcamp Win10 that isn't working. Any suggestions?

.mirage, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10)

Major BUG: GPU-Z causes Windows 10 PC to hard lock

I am a proud beta tester of GPU-Z! Also, I have suggested many features/new functions over the years, many of which were implemented by GPU-Z author. *Smile Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10) :)
    So, I like GPU-Z and do not want to use anything else for this.

Could be not GPU-Z, in fact. Maybe a combination of those latest AMD Radeon drivers+my Windows 10 being Insider Preview.
    MY Windows 10 OS is the Insider Preview kind, maybe I should have mentioned that.

RE Core Temp, I have translated it into Bulgarian, and also suggested some new features, implemented by author (for Core Temp, just a few - less than those I suggested for GPU-Z). *Smile Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10) :)
    So, likewise I like it and do not want to stop using it. *Wink Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10) ;)

Thema:

Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10)

1. Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10) - Similar Threads - stop gpu maxing

2. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  3. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  4. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 32gig running out of memory with 20gig not in use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32gig running out of memory with 20gig not in use.: I have a windows 11 PC. If I run several large apps and open and close them a few times I'll eventually run out of memory. I understand the memory management intention to allow software to open faster by keeping a part of memory as a cache for recent objects but the...
  6. 32gig running out of memory with 20gig not in use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32gig running out of memory with 20gig not in use.: I have a windows 11 PC. If I run several large apps and open and close them a few times I'll eventually run out of memory. I understand the memory management intention to allow software to open faster by keeping a part of memory as a cache for recent objects but the...
  7. Stop using my GPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop using my GPU: The programs SearchApp.exe and Textinputhost.exe are using my GPU. Q1. How can I prevent programs that I don't want from using my GPU?Q2. Why are these programs using the GPU, is microsoft mining bit coin on users' computers?...
  8. Windows License for BootCamp that is No More

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License for BootCamp that is No More: I was having difficulty with a machine using a Windows Pro license on a boot camp installation. Had to wipe the machine, was able to deactivate the license, but did not get this deactivation confirmed online. How do I get the license to be transferred to new vm instance,...
  9. Memory Maxes Out and System Reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Maxes Out and System Reboots: Just started today, 2 crashes so far. Any help appreciated.
  10. Windows 10 running in Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 running in Bootcamp: Hi all, this is my first post on here so I hope I am doing things correctly!? I need some help please! Yesterday I installed Bootcamp on my Mac and then installed Windows 10. My Mac partition seems fine and working normally. My Windows partition has no sound and the...