Windows 10: Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?

Discus and support Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I receive calendar notifications in the bottom-right of the screen. I appreciate these and want to keep receiving them, except when I am playing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NickatinaGold, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?

I receive calendar notifications in the bottom-right of the screen.

I appreciate these and want to keep receiving them, except when I am playing a game. When I play a game, I will receive the calendar notification in the game, and if I click Dismiss, it takes me to my desktop. It blocks part of my screen and is distracting. This is problematic and frustrating.

I don't want to stop notifications altogether, just when certain programs are running. Is this possible? Any tips?

submitted by /u/NickatinaGold
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NickatinaGold, Mar 12, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?

One Particular Program Will Not Open

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to launch an application.

As you have mentioned the game was originally released for Windows 98/ME/XP, it could be possible that the game might not be fully compatible with Windows 10.

We would suggest you to check the installed programs list to see whether the game was successfully installed or not. To check type: appwiz.cpl in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter. Look for the game in the list.

If you do not find the game in the list, we would suggest you to try installing it again.
    After installing the game, refer the steps below to run the game in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the game file and select
      Properties.
    2. Click on Compatibility tab.
    3. Now, under Compatibility mode, click on
      Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    4. Select Windows 98/ME/XP using the drop down menu.
    5. Click on OK and try running the game.

For more information, you can refer the article
    Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

We would also suggest you to contact the game manufacturer and check if the updated version of game is available, that can be run in Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?

1. Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running? - Similar Threads - stop Notifications particular

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. A way to stop one particular app in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A way to stop one particular app in OneDrive: Is there indeed a way to stop one particular App to TwoDrive, pardon me please, I mean to OneDrive and if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-way-to-stop-one-particular-app-in-onedrive/4da88bf2-d79a-43d8-8c0f-32e7fbce15e5
  6. A way to stop one particular app in OneDrive

A way to stop one particular app in OneDrive: Is there indeed a way to stop one particular App to TwoDrive, pardon me please, I mean to OneDrive and if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-way-to-stop-one-particular-app-in-onedrive/4da88bf2-d79a-43d8-8c0f-32e7fbce15e5
  7. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?: Photoshop CS6 on my Windows 10 keeps on asking for Administrator privileges every time I try to run it, so I can't use my drawing tablet on it without having to run it as administrator as well. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator? Any help...
  8. Program runs only in the background for a few minutes, then stops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program runs only in the background for a few minutes, then stops: Hi, I'm using 64-bit Windows 10 and I've been trying to get this program I downloaded to work TapCleanFE, but it never shows up as a window or in the taskbar like a program should, and instead of showing up in Task Manager as an app, it runs as a background process for no...
  9. Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates?: I determined the high resource usage when idle (laptop) was caused by the Synaptic Touchpad drivers. Upon uninstall, Win10 will immediately start downloading and installing the driver. *really I disabled automatic driver updates. However, I would like to keep automatic...
  10. is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another

is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another: is open? thanks *Smile 74324