Windows 10: Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.

Discus and support Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This Office click-to-run service hogs up too much memory sometimes even when not using office apps. It is really anonying because sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alloverkarma, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.

Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud. XqXVWYYJVe5xPulSoqSicE_DkzgHF2hllSzdRxttShs.jpg

This Office click-to-run service hogs up too much memory sometimes even when not using office apps. It is really anonying because sometimes it affets the performnce of other programs. Is there a way to permanently stop this service or configure it in such a way that it only runs while using office apps. Clicking on end task doesnt work because it comes back up the next second.

https://preview.redd.it/wssoyl2m4lb...bp&s=9d8fa4e69a7cd463e3641c4d77b754c101d4e6cf

submitted by /u/alloverkarma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alloverkarma, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Office 16 Click-To-Run Exensibility Component

Thank you for updating us.

We recommend that you check if there are any Office related tasks scheduled to run in your Task Scheduler library. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Task Scheduler and press Enter.
    • Under Task Scheduler (Local), go to Task Scheduler Library >
      Microsoft > Office.
    • Check if there are tasks scheduled to run. To disable the task, right-click on the item and then click
      Disable.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    services running none stop win 10

Hi William,

If you can't run service.msc, you can end running services using Task Manager. To know how, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type task manager and select Task Manager on the list.
    • Click the More details drop-down arrow.
    • Select all the apps you want to stop on the list.
    • Click End task.

After doing so, try doing a scan again and see if issue will persist.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.

Uninstall Office click to run

Hi Moses,

If you're trying to uninstall an Office Click-to-Run installation, then you can follow the detailed guide provided on this
    support article. The article includes steps on how to manually remove
    the package, clear the running tasks, and completely wipe any remnant file from the installation. To view the appropriate steps, click the drop drop-down arrow for
    Manually remove a Click-to-Run installation of Office under
    Step 2.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.

1. Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud. - Similar Threads - stop Office click

2. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  3. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  4. window 11 backgroud apps running and cunsuming power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 backgroud apps running and cunsuming power: how to manage these app background activities https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-backgroud-apps-running-and-cunsuming/9ee046ad-afb8-402b-ad82-e752877790df
  5. window 11 backgroud apps running and cunsuming power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window 11 backgroud apps running and cunsuming power: how to manage these app background activities https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-backgroud-apps-running-and-cunsuming/9ee046ad-afb8-402b-ad82-e752877790df
  6. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?: Photoshop CS6 on my Windows 10 keeps on asking for Administrator privileges every time I try to run it, so I can't use my drawing tablet on it without having to run it as administrator as well. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator? Any help...
  7. Microsoft Office Click-to-Run instantly stops. How do I fix this??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Office Click-to-Run instantly stops. How do I fix this??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sxlky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbodsa/microsoft_office_clicktorun_instantly_stops_how/
  8. What triggers the "Office click to run" service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What triggers the "Office click to run" service?: Hi all, Jet again OCTR is causing trouble... We've set the OCTR service on manual start so it doen't start at boot-up. The goal is to only start the service when someone opens an Office app. Somehow the service still gets trigger within an hour of booting and at random...
  9. Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations: After running services.msc, I open "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" properties and apply DISABLED. At some point, and I haven't determined what triggers it, because I check after turning on laptop after an overnight shutdown and it will still show as DISABLED -- for a...
  10. Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth: At the first i thought it one time download, but every time i start my PC its begin to downloading and take so long because of my slow internet connection. Is there a way to disable this process without disrupting my Microsoft Office 2016 ?. I dont mind this process to run...