Windows 10: is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another

Discus and support is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is open? thanks *Smile 74324 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by j0hnnyblack, Jan 7, 2017.

1. is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another

is open? thanks *Smile

:)

j0hnnyblack, Jan 7, 2017
  2. John Fer Win User

There has to be a way around not being able to export contacts from the windows mail people app!

Hi Louise,

We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine
    what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and YouTube video.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start
    capture
    ) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear)

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>)

Let us know if you have other concern.

John Fer, Jan 7, 2017
  3. There has to be a way around not being able to export contacts from the windows mail people app!

How do I sync contacts in the windows mail people app to be saved as cvs file in another folder?

LouiseBowers, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another

I don't think so.

Wullail, Jan 7, 2017
  5. Molyy Win User
    ??? what do you mean ? sorry .

Molyy, Jan 9, 2017
  6. It could be done via a script, which would run at startup, but it is a bit complicated to do.

TairikuOkami, Jan 9, 2017
  7. Lebronhuo Win User
    It can be achieved by programming, but it is a little dificult and needs professional knowledge to do so.

Lebronhuo, Jan 10, 2017
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Coming from an old Mainframe environment this type of stuff is second nature !!!!

With Windows though it should be easy enough

Find out what the program is calling --then restrict the privilege level

This link while for W7is still valid for W10.

How to Block (or Allow) Certain Applications for Users in Windows

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another - Similar Threads - stop program being

2. How to stop a child account from being able to install programs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop a child account from being able to install programs: Hi, I have a child account for my child to be able to do his school work on. I've blocked the Windows store but he's installed Chrome, which I blocked and Firefox, which I've also blocked to get around the websites that I've blocked on Edge. How can I block him from...
  3. Not able to run programs in "Run As Admin" mode from shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to run programs in "Run As Admin" mode from shortcut: Hey, I've updated my windows 10 version 2004. Later I tried to run CMD.exe as admin, I didn't got any message or error, it just didn't open. I also found this question and followed the suggestions, non of them helped:...
  4. Programs not running properly after transferring from one account to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs not running properly after transferring from one account to another: A while ago, when I updated my computer, Windows decided that it couldn't log into my Microsoft account, and it instead logged me into a temporary account. I didn't find a fix for this problem, but as a workarround, I created a 2nd local account and moved everything in my old...
  5. Able to switch Win10 from one M365 tenant to another?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Able to switch Win10 from one M365 tenant to another?: We had a demo MS365 Business Premium tenant that expired, and we had set up a Windows 10 Business computer as a demo computer with all the apps connected to that tenant. We set up a new tenant, and this time chose MS365 Enterprise. All works well in the computer, got it...
  6. Line In being used by another program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line In being used by another program: I just started to get a flag each time I now try to open a number of programs that use my sound card Line In ,USB. It says that Line In is being used by another program. as far as I can tell it is not ! My sound settings are correct. These programs have all worked...
  7. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  8. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

in Windows 10 Support
    Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  9. Boot from one drive, and run Windows from another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot from one drive, and run Windows from another: So... I have an old HP Z600 workstation which is pretty awesome with dual Xeons and 48GB of ECC ram. My problem is that storage speed is a huge bottleneck. Due to its age the motherboard and BIOS only support SATA II (3 GB/s) which limits the speed of a SSD. I found a Marvel...
  10. Program not being allowed to run from Program Files Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program not being allowed to run from Program Files Folder: What's up with that? Apparently something is broken with the latest security update that MS pushed out because suddenly I have a program that will not run when the containing folder is in the Program Files folder. Runs fine from the desktop, but when I run it from Program...