Windows 10: is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another

Discus and support is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is open? thanks *Smile 74324 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by j0hnnyblack, Jan 7, 2017.

1. is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another

is open? thanks *Smile

:)

j0hnnyblack, Jan 7, 2017
  2. John Fer Win User

There has to be a way around not being able to export contacts from the windows mail people app!

Hi Louise,

We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine
    what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and YouTube video.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start
    capture
    ) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear)

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>)

Let us know if you have other concern.

John Fer, Jan 7, 2017
  3. There has to be a way around not being able to export contacts from the windows mail people app!

How do I sync contacts in the windows mail people app to be saved as cvs file in another folder?

LouiseBowers, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another

I don't think so.

Wullail, Jan 7, 2017
  5. Molyy Win User
    ??? what do you mean ? sorry .

Molyy, Jan 9, 2017
  6. It could be done via a script, which would run at startup, but it is a bit complicated to do.

TairikuOkami, Jan 9, 2017
  7. Lebronhuo Win User
    It can be achieved by programming, but it is a little dificult and needs professional knowledge to do so.

Lebronhuo, Jan 10, 2017
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Coming from an old Mainframe environment this type of stuff is second nature !!!!

With Windows though it should be easy enough

Find out what the program is calling --then restrict the privilege level

This link while for W7is still valid for W10.

How to Block (or Allow) Certain Applications for Users in Windows

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another - Similar Threads - stop program being

2. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...: I have never found any Microsoft software better than the competition. So I don't want my C drive cluttered with useless programs and shortcuts to those programs like in Start Menu, All Programs. I want my choices in there and nothing but my choices. You used to be able to...
  3. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...: I have never found any Microsoft software better than the competition. So I don't want my C drive cluttered with useless programs and shortcuts to those programs like in Start Menu, All Programs. I want my choices in there and nothing but my choices. You used to be able to...
  4. Win10, Programs, WindowsApps: Is there any way of stopping this from being filled with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?: I receive calendar notifications in the bottom-right of the screen. I appreciate these and want to keep receiving them, except when I am playing a game. When I play a game, I will receive the calendar notification in the game, and if I click Dismiss, it takes me to my...
  6. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?

Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?: Photoshop CS6 on my Windows 10 keeps on asking for Administrator privileges every time I try to run it, so I can't use my drawing tablet on it without having to run it as administrator as well. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator? Any help...
  7. How to stop a child account from being able to install programs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop a child account from being able to install programs: Hi, I have a child account for my child to be able to do his school work on. I've blocked the Windows store but he's installed Chrome, which I blocked and Firefox, which I've also blocked to get around the websites that I've blocked on Edge. How can I block him from...
  8. Programs not running properly after transferring from one account to another

Programs not running properly after transferring from one account to another: A while ago, when I updated my computer, Windows decided that it couldn't log into my Microsoft account, and it instead logged me into a temporary account. I didn't find a fix for this problem, but as a workarround, I created a 2nd local account and moved everything in my old...
  9. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  10. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

in Windows 10 Support
    Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...