Windows 10: Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

Discus and support Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Maybe there is a Command-line command for that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by #0000ff, Oct 17, 2019.

1. #0000ff Win User

Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

Maybe there is a Command-line command for that?

:)

#0000ff, Oct 17, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos? 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Oct 17, 2019
  3. arachosia Win User
    Photos cycling quickly in Photo Viewer...Can't make it stop

Hi,

When I open up any photo with Windows Photo Viewer, it automatically begins cycling through the all the photos in the gallery very quickly until it gets to the end, and then it stops. I've tried restarting my computer and unplugging my mouse and keyboard, but that didn't help. Does anyone know how to resolve this annoying issue? Thanks for any suggestions.

arachosia, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos? - Similar Threads - stop Photos indexing

2. MS Photos Indexing - very slow and keeps stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photos Indexing - very slow and keeps stopping: I'm trying to use search in MS Photos, but it seems stuck on over 80,000 items to index. Depsite being open since yesterday, it's only dropped from 86900 to 86626 items. ie less than 300 in 24 hours.Is there any way to force the indexing to run a bit faster, or continuously....
  3. MS Photos Indexing - very slow and keeps stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Photos Indexing - very slow and keeps stopping: I'm trying to use search in MS Photos, but it seems stuck on over 80,000 items to index. Depsite being open since yesterday, it's only dropped from 86900 to 86626 items. ie less than 300 in 24 hours.Is there any way to force the indexing to run a bit faster, or continuously....
  4. MS Photos Indexing - very slow and keeps stopping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Photos app has stopped indexing imports from SD card

Photos app has stopped indexing imports from SD card: The photos app seems to have stopped indexing the imports from SD card inot separate date folders. I cannot see any way of selecting import preferences in the app Running Win 10 64bit on new PC...
  6. Windows Photos App - Indexing HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos App - Indexing HDD: When I start Windows Photo APP it indexes the photos on my PC for about 15-20minuites. If I try to scroll through photos in the APP as the indexing is going on and enlarge a photo to edit it I get a 'thumbnail' type view until Windows catches up. My PC is a i7 - 4970K,...
  7. Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos: I store my photos on a NAS that I access using SMB as a mapped network drive. I have no trouble accessing the photos and looking at them by double clicking on the images using file explorer and opening them in Microsoft Photos. However, when I add all my photos to my...
  8. Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos

Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos: Hello, I have more or less the same problem as posted on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-seems-to-have-stopped-indexing/c50cd30d-f8ce-49cb-8bc1-7b6ede55cde2 thread, and it was closed without any proper solution, which I think is...
  9. Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?: Maybe there is a Command-line command for that? Each day i upload to my hdd a lot of renovation & work projects photos. More than 70000 total...
  10. Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos: How do I stop Photos from automatically opening photos I download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-microsoft-photos-from-opening-downloaded/104e1a16-92fb-4a3e-81a0-fc5f7b361cf9