Windows 10: Is there a way to stop printing FAST?

Discus and support Is there a way to stop printing FAST? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When a document I'm printing turns out to have w-a-a-y too many pages, I know I can stop it by clicking on the printer icon, then clicking on what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Newmaven, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Newmaven Win User

Is there a way to stop printing FAST?

When a document I'm printing turns out to have w-a-a-y too many pages, I know I can stop it by clicking on the printer icon, then clicking on what's printing, then clicking stop...while 3-4 more rogue pages print.

Is there a command or app that would let me at least pause printing with a single click?

:)

Newmaven, Feb 14, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Is there a way to stop automatic updates?

Don,

1 Is the local link from your computer to your router / satellite modem a WiFi link?

2 Do you have an overnight unlimited download period?

If the answer to 1 is Yes then you can set your computer's WiFi link to metered
    and Windows updates will not download over it. You'll need to set up some means of getting Windows updates from time to time as you will be aware. However, even with the connection set to
    metered, you can still force Windows Defender to update its definitions by using the Updates tab in its UI - so that more immediate update need can be taken care of.

If the answer to both 1 & 2 is Yes then you can set your computer's WiFi link to
    metered during the daytime so that Windows updates will not download over it and set it as
    unmetered at night so that Windows updates are done then.

This metered / unmetered switching can be set up automatically - you can use the solution that I have provided

instructions for
    in another thread in the forum - for a user who was using a satellite connection that had an unlimited data usage period overnight.
    The other user and I had already exchanged a lot of information so there might be some assumptions built into that instruction post that I have not realised [I have checked it and I think it is all clear].

That other thread is very long so I have linked you straight to the post explaining the solution [don't scroll as the page loads or you'll move away from the intended section]. In essence, you use batch files and Task scheduler to switch your local
    WiFi link to your satellite modem / router between metered & non-metered
    at 12 midnight and 5am EST. When your connection is set to metered [daytime], Windows does not download updates. When it is set to
    non-metered [overnight, 00:00 - 05:00] , Windows downloads updates.

If the local link is not WiFi then I will not be able to help you and I don't think anybody else can.

Tryx3, Feb 14, 2017
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    Is there a way to stop automatic updates?

Depends on what version is going to be installed. I believe the "Home" Edition it's going to be automatic but on the "Pro" Edition they can be scheduled.

WindowsOS, Feb 14, 2017
  4. RolandJS Win User

For some time now I've used Clean Print Spooler and/or Stalled Printer Repair, both pinned to the taskbar, to quickly stop a print job in action; I forgot where I got 'em from.

RolandJS, Feb 14, 2017
  5. Newmaven Win User
    I can't find clean print spooler--got a url for it?
    But I have downloaded Stalled Printer Repair and will see how it goes. I don't need it often, so it may be a while.

Thanks!

Newmaven, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to stop printing FAST? - Similar Threads - stop printing FAST

2. My pointer arrow moves way to fast, how can I stop it ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pointer arrow moves way to fast, how can I stop it ??: My mouse moves too fast, how can I change it, Slow it down !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-arrow-moves-way-to-fast-how-can-i-stop/f52ff0fa-7643-4c3a-8599-5aa815ca4b43
  3. My pointer arrow moves way to fast, how can I stop it ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pointer arrow moves way to fast, how can I stop it ??: My mouse moves too fast, how can I change it, Slow it down !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-arrow-moves-way-to-fast-how-can-i-stop/f52ff0fa-7643-4c3a-8599-5aa815ca4b43
  4. FAST PRINT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FAST PRINT: HELLO, HOW DO SELECT FAST ECONOMICAL MODE PRINT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-print/328260e5-bddf-4bc3-930a-b6cee01d1eb6
  5. Fast way clean my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fast way clean my pc: Hello, I want to know any fast way clean my PC? My Windows C drive looks full but don't have much things their. Help me get some free space into storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-way-clean-my-pc/f4a1b156-24c3-4f6d-8ebf-ba6e7a7e14bc
  6. Is there a way to tile print an image?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to tile print an image?: Im trying to print a black and white image to about 13”x13”. I remember doing this when I was younger in Word. I have windows 10 now and can not for the life of me figure how to tile print from an image in Word. Is there any other program that is free to use or part of the...
  7. Unlocking and saving the fast/economical printing preference

Unlocking and saving the fast/economical printing preference: When I go to Advanced printer preferences to change it to fast/economical there is a lock sign on it. How do I get the lock symbol to go away and save it as my default preference? I was told this would help save on ink tremendously....
  8. How to Create space{Fast way)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create space{Fast way): How can I create space on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-spacefast-way/7eb3a058-afd0-4871-9cb9-57f13cda49dc"
  9. Printer stopped printing

Printer stopped printing: I printed two pieces of clipart, from a website. I later tried to print a document from MS Word. It will not print. It shows in the printer que. I have tried rebooting the laptop the printer is attached to. I have tried unplugging the printer. I am using a Samsung laptop...
  10. stop colour printing

stop colour printing: I have window 10 and a XP220 printer contected but when I try and print PDF it keeps printing in colour and I cannot find where to change this to black and white or grayscale. Thanks for any advise...