Windows 10: Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items?

Discus and support Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; it sorts everything by time, like day, week etc and ive spent too much time trying to undo it. seems like it was some update a long time ago because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomsfoolery, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items?

it sorts everything by time, like day, week etc and ive spent too much time trying to undo it. seems like it was some update a long time ago because one day it was just that way. maybe im just missing something?

submitted by /u/tomsfoolery
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tomsfoolery, Jun 30, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 30, 2020
  3. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing a network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Langecrew Win User

Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items?

Downloads folder: speedy, then grouped, then ungrouped, now crippled

I've seen a number of other questions about this, but nothing about my specific issue.

One day recently, I saw that my downloads folder had been automatically grouped for me, without my permission, in an unhelpful way, by some random update. So, I ungrouped it.

Now my downloads folder is essentially crippled. Every time I try to open it, it takes something like 30 seconds to a minute to load, sometimes longer. As some other posts have noted, the downloads folder is still grouped when viewed from a system "Save
    As" dialog, but that's slow now too even though it is still grouped.

Other folders on my system, regardless of their size or number of items they hold, load up in less time than I can even perceive. My downloads folder did too, up until exactly the moment that I ungrouped it.

Why is my download folder so slow to operate now? Is there some way to fix this? I see other folders on my system that have been grouped automatically too, I must have never even noticed it until now. This behavior is unacceptable and will be eliminated
    immediately, but I fear that whatever happened to my folder, might happen to my whole computer now.

Has anyone seen these two behaviors coupled? That being:

1. Undoing the work of an automatic update that grouped your downloads folder for you
    2. That grouped folder subsequently becoming crippled

Langecrew, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items?

1. Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items? - Similar Threads - stop downloads folder

2. Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?: I will frequently download things from the web but when I go to save it in the downloads folder, it will Group the subfolders and files by date. See example:As you see, it's alpha sorted first by subfolders, and then by the other files in the folder for sake of image size I...
  3. Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?: I will frequently download things from the web but when I go to save it in the downloads folder, it will Group the subfolders and files by date. See example:As you see, it's alpha sorted first by subfolders, and then by the other files in the folder for sake of image size I...
  4. Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I stop the downloads folder from constantly grouping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the downloads folder from constantly grouping?: I just updated to Windows 11 and my downloads folder and sub folders keep changing to grouping. I keep changing it back to none, etc, but when the next time I open the downloads folder it has changed back. It seems to only be affecting the downloads folders, every other...
  6. How do I stop the downloads folder from constantly grouping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the downloads folder from constantly grouping?: I just updated to Windows 11 and my downloads folder and sub folders keep changing to grouping. I keep changing it back to none, etc, but when the next time I open the downloads folder it has changed back. It seems to only be affecting the downloads folders, every other...
  7. Stopping the grouping of Downloads folder by date modified FOREVER

Stopping the grouping of Downloads folder by date modified FOREVER: Hi All, The first beauty I've discovered following my recent corporate W10 upgrade to build 10.0.18363.1198 it is that the Downloads folder keeps getting sorted by date modified no matter what. I switch to View, go to Group By and select None there, after which it lasts a...
  8. Disable group by in Downloads folder

Disable group by in Downloads folder: Ever since Windows 10 has updated to 1903 files in the default Downloads folder are being grouped by date. I tried changing it to none but it keeps resetting back - sometimes after restart, sometimes just pressing refresh is enough to reset it back. How can I permanently...
  9. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  10. Items missing from Download folder

Items missing from Download folder: I am running Windows 10 with latest update. Recently I opened the Downloads folder and all of the items in it were gone. I had a lot of items in it from previous downloads and now it is empty. I anyone has a solution, please post....