Windows 10: Is there a way to store my Windows 10 user account, apps, and libraries on a USB drive?

Discus and support Is there a way to store my Windows 10 user account, apps, and libraries on a USB drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I currently do not have my own PC and sometimes use my grandfathers. I would like to save my user account data and apps, etc in my flash drive if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cbowling816, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Is there a way to store my Windows 10 user account, apps, and libraries on a USB drive?

I currently do not have my own PC and sometimes use my grandfathers. I would like to save my user account data and apps, etc in my flash drive if possible in order to avoid "cluttering up" his computer with my data. Also this would make transfer more convenient when i get my own PC again here in a few weeks.

:)

cbowling816, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2019
  3. wahdangun Win User
    App Store and iTunes Accounts Hacked

if you have itunes account beware guys,

source tomshardware

wahdangun, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Is there a way to store my Windows 10 user account, apps, and libraries on a USB drive?

ACCOUNT USER & APP STORE PROBLEMS

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account?

• What error message exactly are you getting?
    The issue might occur due to limited access if you are using other account other than Microsoft account or some corruption in system files.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Method 2

If you are using Microsoft account then I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account troubleshooter

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268424

If you are using local account, I would suggest you to create a microsoft account and check.

Please follow the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: applies to windows 10 as well

Method 3

I suggest you to reset the windows store cache.

Follow the below steps:

Reset Windows Store cache

1. Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.

2. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

You can also refer the article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to store my Windows 10 user account, apps, and libraries on a USB drive?

1. Is there a way to store my Windows 10 user account, apps, and libraries on a USB drive? - Similar Threads - store user account

2. Is there a way to completly delete an app linked on my Microsoft Store account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to completly delete an app linked on my Microsoft Store account?: I recall this option was possible before, but now the apps are just sitting there linked in my account which is something that I don't want to. I would like to control which apps I have in my account to install again and which ones I don't want to keep it. Not even in a cloud...
  3. Is there a way to completly delete an app linked on my Microsoft Store account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to completly delete an app linked on my Microsoft Store account?: I recall this option was possible before, but now the apps are just sitting there linked in my account which is something that I don't want to. I would like to control which apps I have in my account to install again and which ones I don't want to keep it. Not even in a cloud...
  4. Purchased apps/games not appearing in my Windows Store library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased apps/games not appearing in my Windows Store library: Hello,For the past month, I have been having a problem with my Windows Store library. Prior to the start of this if I selected my Library in the windows store app, I would see all of my games and apps that I have purchased with options to either install or manage them....
  5. Is there a way to have my custom Libraries shown with Windows 10 default Libraries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have my custom Libraries shown with Windows 10 default Libraries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ewnr4f9be4e61.jpg?width=241&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8b3b83e386ff645281a4f171e3ef53f90d0daaa3 submitted by /u/goar101reddit [link] [comments]...
  6. Apps missing from my library and Store

Apps missing from my library and Store: I had a couple of paint by number apps sticking. This has happened before; solution was to uninstall and reinstall. I just did this. Now they are missing from the Store and my Library. Other apps still installed in this category are also missing from Library and Store. What...
  7. Microsoft Store showing no apps in library

Microsoft Store showing no apps in library: I noticed some of my apps not working right. I went to the Microsoft Store and checked the library and installed apps. Both show no apps. Reset the store and have the same problem. 160344
  8. Windows Store "My Library" and App differences

Windows Store "My Library" and App differences: Finally got around freshly installing my gaming desktop and wanted to install some apps from the Windows Store that I use frequently. Noticed a few things and trying to wrap my OCD head around this: 1. I used Apps like Facebook regularly. Why does the store say "get"...
  9. Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 How to Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 [info]The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse...
  10. Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10: How to: Install Your Apps from My Library in the Store in Windows 10 How to Install Your Apps from My Library in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through,...