Windows 10: Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ?

Discus and support Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, So my current step has 2 windows 10 PC and two monitors. PC-A (my old one) is connected to 2 monitors while PC-B (the gamer one) is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by alaslipknot, May 3, 2017.

1. Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ?

Hi,

So my current step has 2 windows 10 PC and two monitors.

PC-A (my old one) is connected to 2 monitors
    while PC-B (the gamer one) is only connected to monitor B

I frequently end up taping the "switch source" button in monitor B to go from PC-A to PC-B or vice versa, i tried to find a software-solution for this but didn't find any help.

However, am hoping for a solution for this issue :

PC-A is connect to Monitor-A and Monitor-B, i want to know if there is a way to flip the whole content between
    Monitor-A and Monitor-B ?

The reason am asking for this is because I frequently found the need to access a tab or a folder that is already opened but its in the monitor section that is currently showing the other pc content (if there is a trick to bring a specific content from a monitor to another, without accessing the other monitor then plz let me know)

thank you

EDIT:
    Found a solution

I am currently using two softwares :

- DisplayFusion

The first allow me to solve this issue :

It doesn't literally switch content from one monitor to another, but there is a function that allow you to bring every Windows from all your monitors to your currently active monitor (the one your mouse is in), which turned out to be really handy.

and the second software is :

- Mouse Without Border

Which is a lighter simpler and FREE alternative of Synergy, the only downside of it is that it's Windows-Only but I am a windows-only user so i don't care *Cool

:)

alaslipknot, May 3, 2017

2. Is there a way to name each individual email account?

Yes, you can set a name for each mail account that you setup. The setting is not in a very obvious place though.

First, open the mail account you want to name, then tap the ellipses (3 dots) at the bottom of the screen and tap settings.

On the settings page, tap sync settings and at the top should be the area where you can enter the name for this mail account which will display on the live tile on the start screen.

For some reason, on my phone (Lumia 920 running Cyan with 8.1 update developers preview) if I name the account Google Mail, the live tile will display "Google Mail Mail" which is a bit weird but it only seems to happen with my Google account as it doesn't
    happen with other IMAP accounts I have setup.

Damn, profjulie replied with the same thing while I was typing my post Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ? :)

Chris Whithear, May 3, 2017
  3. Is there a way to name each individual email account?

You don't need a app (official or otherwise). You just need to change the "label" for each account from

google account, google account2, etc. to whatever you want:

On the phone, go to Settings > email+accounts

Tap the first Gmail account to open up its settings

In the first line, under "Account name" input whatever you want to call it

Tap the checkmark icon to save

Select the next Gmail account to open up its settings

In the first line, under "Account name" input whatever you want to call it

and so forth and so on.....

If you want to have a consolidated inbox of all your email accounts, go back to the home screen of the phone. Select the first email account (as if you are going to read your email). Tap the three dots in the lower right hand corner of the screen, then
    tap "linked inboxes" , choose another email account from the list provided, etc.

Julie fka profjulie, May 3, 2017
  4. Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ?

As far as I know that can not be done with software, not the way you want to do it anyway. The monitor can only look at one input source at a time and that's a hardware function. The only way you could do it via software would be to remote desktop into PC B so its desktop can be shown on PC A's monitor.
    Or on PC A, press the Windows Logo Key *Start and the P key, and then select PC Screen only. All open windows will then move over to the monitor set as the main display.

alphanumeric, May 3, 2017
  5. sml156 Win User
    sml156, May 7, 2017
  6. alaslipknot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ?

1. Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ? - Similar Threads - switch monitor contents

2. why are contents in different apps overlapping each other?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are contents in different apps overlapping each other?: why are contents in different apps overlapping each other? ex, auctionzip page heading covers up search bar so I can't use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-contents-in-different-apps-overlapping/04d61431-96bb-4b93-b75e-c66721e86ec0
  3. why are contents in different apps overlapping each other?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why are contents in different apps overlapping each other?: why are contents in different apps overlapping each other? ex, auctionzip page heading covers up search bar so I can't use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-contents-in-different-apps-overlapping/04d61431-96bb-4b93-b75e-c66721e86ec0
  4. both monitors are mirroring each other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    both monitors are mirroring each other.: I have 2 monitors, they both worked until I had to take my computer to the shop. Once I got it back, I plugged everything back in, but now the 2nd monitor just mirrors the 1st monitor. Windows does not recognize the 2nd monitor. Windows 10 only recognizes 1 monitor at a time,...
  5. both monitors are mirroring each other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    both monitors are mirroring each other.: I have 2 monitors, they both worked until I had to take my computer to the shop. Once I got it back, I plugged everything back in, but now the 2nd monitor just mirrors the 1st monitor. Windows does not recognize the 2nd monitor. Windows 10 only recognizes 1 monitor at a time,...
  6. both monitors are mirroring each other.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is there a way to swap between different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to swap between different monitors: I have currently got 2 monitors, and will shortly have 3. I have 1 set up as my normal monitor for general usage and gaming, and a second monitor separate on a racing simulator. Currently i have to unplug my display port cable from my pc from the monitor in use for windows...
  8. Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?: I like to switch depending on if people are nearby me or not and I probably switch between my monitor and headset alot more than the average person. Is there a way to set up a hotkey so I don't have to keep opening menus? submitted by /u/UsedSpaghetti-O [link] [comments]...
  9. Does Windows 10 have a way to switch between monitor configurations?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Does Windows 10 have a way to switch between monitor configurations?: I have a multi-monitor setup, and sometimes I don't need all of the monitors enabled, but only need 1 or 2 enabled. In Win 7, I used DisplayFusion to save different monitor configurations (i.e., different configs had different monitors enabled or disabled) and switch between...
  10. Switching between single and dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between single and dual monitors: I have a dual monitor setup but often only need a single monitor. Windows does not recognize if the second monitor is off and will attempt to open apps and windows in the non existent second monitor forcing me to switch it on. Is this the default behavior and is there any way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to switch monitor content