Windows 10: Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?

Discus and support Is there a way to sync configurations between computers? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Ihave a laptop and desktop machines running windows 10 I regularly use. As I work I tend to configure more and more stuff (keyboard shortcuts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yotama9, Sep 4, 2018.

1. yotama9 Win User

Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?

Hello,

Ihave a laptop and desktop machines running windows 10 I regularly use. As I work I tend to configure more and more stuff (keyboard shortcuts, word autocomplete, default signatures, etc.). Is there a way to sync these settings through the computers?

I should mention that I come from Linux world where I used rsync to sync the configuration folder, so I expect that I might be able to do something similar here too.

I saw that there is a question about the start menu, and that it is impossible with it due to installed programs, but I'm not interested in those.

Thank you

Yotam.

:)

yotama9, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Sep 7, 2018
  3. yotama9 Win User

Hello,

Ihave a laptop and desktop machines running windows 10 I regularly use. As I work I tend to configure more and more stuff (keyboard shortcuts, word autocomplete, default signatures, etc.). Is there a way to sync these settings through the computers?

I should mention that I come from Linux world where I used
    rsync
    to sync the configuration folder, so I expect that I might be able to do something similar here too.

I saw that there is a question about the start menu, and that it is impossible with it due to installed programs, but I'm not interested in those.

Thank you

Yotam.

yotama9, Sep 7, 2018
  4. vivitree Win User

My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac

have you tried importing the contacts form the phone to google contacts then syncing then exporting them from there to a file on the computer then importing that into the address book
    or you can also go through the info page in itunes for your phone and sync contacts from the phone to the computer that way by checking the box that says sync contact to then select address book
    There is a step by step instruction on How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac. Hope it can do you a favor.

vivitree, Sep 7, 2018
  5. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to sync configurations between computers? - Similar Threads - sync configurations between

2. Stop Syncing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Syncing between 2 computers: I have 2 devices using the same Microsoft username & Password. One is a desktop, and the other is a laptop. When I add or change the graphic of the Icons on the desktop of one device it syncs and changes it on the other device. I used Win 10 Pro "Sync your setting" app and...
  3. Keyboard layout syncing between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard layout syncing between computers: Hi, I have 2 computers, one is AZERTY the other is QWERTY. However the setting is applied to my QWERTY computer gets transferred to my AZERTY one so my keys don't match, is there somewhere I can log in to my account but not make the keyboard layout sync between the two?...
  4. A way to integrate and sync a folder between to PC-s

A way to integrate and sync a folder between to PC-s: Is there a possibility, to have an automatically synced folder between two PC-s? I am working on the same project on a laptop and on a desktop computer, it's such a hassle to always upload and download files between them, is there a way to fix that problem? If yes, what are...
  5. Windows 10 Sync between two computers

Windows 10 Sync between two computers: Hello! When you go to Settings --> Account --> Sync Your Settings, what EXACTLY gets synced between two computers for example? Does this work like Windows 7 Transfer Wizard used to which I loved and never had a problem with? Are programs synced over to the new computer? What...
  6. What is the best way to sync files between computers on Windows 10?

What is the best way to sync files between computers on Windows 10?: I'm a college student and I'd ideally like to be able to work on an Adobe Illustrator file on my laptop while not home, and resume progress from my desktop once at home, in the quickest way possible. I'm not sure what the best way to do this is. submitted by...
  7. Syncing Edge favorites between computers

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge favorites between computers: I recently did a clean install of 10 on an older deskstop that I resuscitated. Is there a secret to syncing favorites/reading list between desktop and laptop? I know forever when I would add one to my phone it would show up on my laptop, and vice versa. I have sync enabled on...
  8. How to sync files between two computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sync files between two computers?: Please recommend in-built options available in Windows 10 that I can use to sync files between two PCs through a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-files-between-two-computers/9ca54b38-cfc2-476d-9559-2675dfd682c4
  9. Backup and sync files between two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and sync files between two computers: Hi, Is there a recommended solution for setting up an automated back-up system between a Windows 10 Desktop and a Windows 10 Laptop? I have both machines connected on the home Wifi network and I hope to be able to work on files on the laptop that would have changes...
  10. Syncing Themes Between Computers

Syncing Themes Between Computers: How do you sync themes between computers? Sometimes it seems to happen automatically, and sometimes it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes-between-computers/c2158630-5828-41de-805d-410164c920cd