Windows 10: Is there a way to tab out of a game and go back on with it still running?

Discus and support Is there a way to tab out of a game and go back on with it still running? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The game is Minecraft if that helps. Also, it is so I can stream, but I only have one monitor so I want to be able to check obs, discord, etc, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PrimeLemonLime, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Is there a way to tab out of a game and go back on with it still running?

The game is Minecraft if that helps. Also, it is so I can stream, but I only have one monitor so I want to be able to check obs, discord, etc, then going back to the game without it having to reload. Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/PrimeLemonLime
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PrimeLemonLime, Jan 23, 2021

2. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Is there a way to tab out of a game and go back on with it still running?

Problems with running games

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try installing games in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to tab out of a game and go back on with it still running?

1. Is there a way to tab out of a game and go back on with it still running? - Similar Threads - tab game still

2. Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs: When I use the Windows button to go to another program, use Alt-Tab, and even the "Show Desktop" button, the screen goes black for around 3-5 seconds.This is happening to games like Roblox, Rainbow 6 Siege, CS2, Valorant, and even the Steam app.Sometimes when switching from...
  3. Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs: When I use the Windows button to go to another program, use Alt-Tab, and even the "Show Desktop" button, the screen goes black for around 3-5 seconds.This is happening to games like Roblox, Rainbow 6 Siege, CS2, Valorant, and even the Steam app.Sometimes when switching from...
  4. Windows is going dark/hazed out as if a game is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is going dark/hazed out as if a game is running: I've been having a strange issue since upgrading to windows 11 where it seems to think there is a game running in the background when none are. The screen is dark/hazed over similar to what it often does if you alt tab out of a game, even after the game is closed and I'm just...
  5. Windows is going dark/hazed out as if a game is running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is going dark/hazed out as if a game is running: I've been having a strange issue since upgrading to windows 11 where it seems to think there is a game running in the background when none are. The screen is dark/hazed over similar to what it often does if you alt tab out of a game, even after the game is closed and I'm just...
  6. Is there a way to go back to Windows 7?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to go back to Windows 7?: Hi, so i updated to Windows 10 recently but my PC cant handle it, i really want to go back to Windows 7 but many people have been telling me its impossible, does anyone know how to go back without a Virtual Machine?...
  7. Can't tab back into games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't tab back into games: Hi, I'm having an issue where I launch a game, it opens briefly, then goes back to desktop. The game is still running in the background --> I try to tab back into the game --> the screen goes dark and the game shows for a second --> then it goes back to desktop I can't...
  8. Windows "tabs" out of game

Windows "tabs" out of game: Hello there, I've recently complete clean installed my PC with 1909 (I think, I'm gonna check that if necessary) and it has been a charm. I've worked counless hours with it by now and now problems what so ever. (Ryzen 3900X with a GTX970). A few days ago, I got a bit of...
  9. Tabbing out of a game unexpectedly

Tabbing out of a game unexpectedly: This has been happening for so long and I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. Basically, when I'm doing something that's more than just web browsing, it will occasionally tab out like someone pressed alt+tab. I don't press anything, it just kinda happens sometimes....
  10. Best Way To Go BACK to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Way To Go BACK to Win7: So, for whatever reason, I'm having a myriad of issues with Win10. This laptop isn't even 4 months old, and I just had to replace my HHD last week, and my internet connection is dropping out every 5 mins. I have an OLD laptop with Win7 on it sitting right beside me and it's...